What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Bobby Hutcherson Oblique / 2005 Blue Note / RVG Edition / EU CD / 724356383524

7 Likes

13 Likes

Amy Winehouse - Frank

10 years today. Such a dreadful loss.

17 Likes

Supertramp, Brother Where You Bound?, cd rip

You can’t go wrong with the classics. Excellent ‘last century’ rock.

9 Likes

Said in jest and in good spirit of course, as it was for real with some of my good friends in that very part of the World. Good times !

1 Like

Aurelia Vişovan and Lina Tur Bonet - Beethoven: Sonata Lunatica.

8 Likes

Supertramp, Even In The Quietest Moments, cd rip

hard not to play another ST album.

12 Likes

Yellowjackets Yellowjackets / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795674

4 Likes

May not have been their best seller, but in my view it’s their masterpiece!

1 Like

re: Jackson Browne “Downhill From Everywhere”, released in US today, thanks for the heads-up, Spotify has it but it is not featured under new releases.

1 Like

<<>>

Happy Birthday David Essex! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born on 23rd July 1947 in Plaistow, Essex :uk:

74 years old Today! :grinning:

11 Likes

Be interested in what you think, I was a little disappointed. I’ll give another play over the weekend.

re: Jackson Browne - Will try to get a first listen later today PST. You will be sleeping but I will be pleased to comment. JB is one of my favorites, I tend not to be too critical, I just accept what the artist chooses to release and try to learn what the artist is doing and wants me to hear, so any possible “weakness” is in me, not the artist. Often times these situations lead me to personal favorite albums. Standing In The Breach is listened to at least weekly.

I am not a fan boy, but allow artists a lot of latitude. Critique-ing something to me doesn’t mean being critical but many critics love to berate artists in attempts to establish their own “reputation”. I really don’t understand people who use reveiws to find music. I enjoy doing the research, and mostly the listening. regards, Jeff A

3 Likes

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Déjà vu

16 Likes

Nico - Chelsea Girl.

5 Likes

Amy OST

I think some of the recordings on here are better than the originals. I particularly enjoy hearing the raw vocal at the start of B2B. This album also includes ‘Valerie’ and the track she recorded with Tony Bennett, ‘Body and Soul’, but best of all IMHO is her version of Donny Hathaway’s ‘We’re Still Friends’ - so much emotion. The soundtrack fillers work well in context too.

9 Likes

Funk and Soul Show on 6Music tomorrow, might be worth a listen
:heart:

Earth Wind & Fire Gratitude / 2012 Sony / Japan Blu-spec CD x 2 / Paper Sleeve Edition / SICP203556

9 Likes

There’s always time for some Ducal majesty. Japanese CD:

9 Likes

Dan Penn - Do Right Man

9 Likes