What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Thanks, but I’m not sure I can receive 6Music. However, the listing in Radio Times referred me to Sunday evening on BBC Radio 2 (which I can receive!) at 7:00pm, where Jo Whiley is playing material from the BBC archive, as well as her 2004 Glastonbury debut.

I’ll add this to the Amy Winehouse thread too.

1 Like

Still trying to decide whether to go to see her in York later this year. Maybe this will help the decision

Beth Hart - Live at the Royal Albert Hall

12 Likes

Jim Sullivan - U.F.O.

1 Like

First stream of the new 2021 remastered version

Lee Hazlewood - Cowboy in Sweden.

2 Likes

Eleanora Fagan (1915-1959), To Billie With Love From Dee Dee Bridgewater.

3 Likes

If you’ve got an ND555 then you can definitely get 6Music

1 Like

Boom! Explosive stuff from the Count!

17 Likes

Live set on CD2 of ‘Here and Now’ is a 2005 ‘live’ radio broadcast and it’s rather fine.

G

3 Likes

Dion - Blues With Friends

11 Likes

Incognito No Time Like The Future / 1999 Talkin’ Loud / UK CD / 5389472

4 Likes

Ah yes, I do forget that I can access ‘radio’ stations on that. I just tend to use the NAT01 for BBC Radio 3 and that’s about the extent of my radio listening.

I have to say the BBC HD stations are really very good

John Mayer - “Sob Rock” (2021) second listen, I like it but it will be an occasional listen now as I like a lot of his stuff. Occasional listen may change, I doubt anyone will know.

FYI - I only post 10% of what I listen to on this thread. Too many trolls on other threads, and infrequently on here. No one will ever know if I actually listen to what I post. One song or the whole album. No one will ever know if I am in the garden or facing the stereo. I am okay with that. Don’t bother asking.

4 Likes

Scott Walker - Scott 4.

11 Likes

Suzanne Vega - "Solitude Standing: Live at the Barbican, Vol. 1 " (2013) first listen prompted by posts here. I enjoy SV music, particularly the 4 Vol. Close - Up series.

15 Likes

Jackson Browne new album is rather lovely.

13 Likes

I was at that gig as well, must have been about 1974 if memory serves me correct.
My first open air gig, remember Lindisfarne and Maggie Bell playing as well.

Marianne Faithfull - Broken English.

18 Likes

Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou - The Vodoun Effect.

Some groovy old school afro-funk from Benin.

Happiness music!

6 Likes