What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

16 Likes

BB King & Eric Clapton - Riding With The King.

15 Likes

Three Dog Night.

9 Likes

LP3 from this box set… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

12 Likes

Putting away a Tom Waits and this came out - Three Man Army Third of a Lifetime on Pegasus vinyl. Not listened to in nigh on 45 years so bang it on. Apologies to fans but Hmmm rather forgettable hard rock/prog crossover definitely of its time. Why did I spend precious pocket money on it? Possibly the raunchy Butter Queen.

1 Like

A great album and, as you say, every track is SO angry. tbh, listening to it now, 25 years later, the anger and bitterness is a bit tiring. Favourite track Ironic, but, of course, incorrectly described in the lyrics.

1 Like

Genesis - Nursery Cryme.

19 Likes

To go with a constant strong haze created by the fires burning on the West Coast which also turn our moon bright orange at night.

6 Likes

KT Tunstall’s Acoustic Extravaganza.

8 Likes

RSD 2021 Drop 2 (last weekend). Picture from Discogs, as mine was priced in Euros

6 Likes

Buzzcocks - Another Music in a Different Kitchen.

7 Likes

Streaming…

Following The Kevsters post a day or two back…thanks for reminding me of this great collective.

The brilliant Oneness Of Juju - African Rhythms Anthology

Grooving out to this in the sunny roots garden playing monopoly, which is dangerous as Mrs Dread’s on the Stella!

20210724_172104

The 3LP set on Strut is on my shopping list for Monday

:heart:

5 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

8 Likes

After the earlier miss a definite hit with Emma Jean Thackray Yellow on Tidal stream Liked her contribution to the Blue Note: reimagined album and this is a kind of funk/spiritual jazz mash-up with lovely layered instrumentation and vocals. Oh and it’s also so goddam optimistic!

4 Likes

On CD:-

Frank Sinatra - Nice ‘n’ Easy

14 Likes

Róisín Murphy Róisín Machine / 2020 Skint / UK CD / BRASSIC120CD

A current favourite so copied this to my car USB stick, and added to the Hard Drive. Sounds great (particularly with the boot sub in the system) on my travels today. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

The Boomtown Rats - The Fine Art of Surfacing.

8 Likes

14 Likes

Teeth Of The Sea | Wraith | 2019
Great contemporary experimental British psychedelic rock, perhaps less intense than their earlier albums but no worse for that.

1 Like

5 Likes