What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Power Of Soul - Idris Muhammad

Slinky smooth, jazzy with an edge of funky soulfulness. When Randy Brecker’s flugelhorn infusion seeps in all is well in the world.

The quieter passages are really quite beautiful.

Original home too of the brilliant opening to side one of The Beastie Boys’ masterpiece, Paul’s Boutique.

4 Likes

The Avett Brothers - The Gleam II - aka The Second Gleam

Some gentle county folk with a hint of bluegrass, beautifully and effortlessly performed.

6 Likes

Bad Brains.

3 Likes

An excellent album from Andy Sheppard; his ECM debut.

6 Likes

It’s a good pressing!

10 Likes

Marc Broussard - S.O.S.: Save Our Soul

If you like a bit of Soul why not give this a whirl. Marc expertly works his way through some classics, and boy he belts ‘em out with…err…soul.

Joyous.

1 Like

Mogwai | As The Love Continues | 2021
So far this is my rock album of the year, Scotland’s finest rock band making more great alt’ rock music.

4 Likes

Othman Wahabi - The Blues Whisperer

Superb Desert Blues.

10 Likes

It’s Dylan time!

Bob Dylan - Time Out Of Mind.

Another favourite of mine, this album finds Dylan exploring mortality and solitude. Not Dark Yet is possibly the best song Dylan has ever written, and the production on this album is lovely. Highly recommended.

15 Likes

We are having an easy listening evening with Amazon HD stream of DK. Created a playlist of many of her albums played at random. This one is stand out for it’s raw gutsy feeling.

20 Likes

Neil Diamond - Hot August Night.

12 Likes

Joe Jackson - Night And Day.

18 Likes

Layla and other assorted love songs

16 Likes

Freddie Mercury and Monrtseratt Caballe | Barcelona | 1992
Yep, I know the olympics are in Japan this time around but the music from the Barcelona games takes some beating!

6 Likes

Sat outside on the patio, bottle of red and this playing

6 Likes

My original still sounds great, way better than the cd.

I’ve spent fair amounts on special pressings on particular labels of albums I play and love a lot less than this.

This copy is a standard early-ish pressing and does sound great - how could it not really? - but not as spectacular as other standard Dan vinyl.

Which pressings (vinyl only, of course) would anyone recommend to optimise the sonic heights of this peerless album?

Aja - Steely Dan

17 Likes

OP always plays with such incredible feel, lightness of touch and virtuosity that I am always gobsmacked when I hear him play.

6 Likes

Lionel Richie - Can’t Slow Down,

8 Likes

@anon4489532 Thank you for this excellent suggestion, playing it now!