The Pogues - Rum Sodomy & the Lash.

9 Likes

4 Likes

<>

Happy Birthday José ‘Chepito’ Areas! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

Born 25 July 1946 in León, Nicaragua :nicaragua:

75 years old Today! :grinning: :+1:

17 Likes

@Richard.Dane would be one person here who may be able to help?

2 Likes

William Orbit - Strange Cargo III
Featuring Beth Orton on vocals.

5 Likes

If I wasn’t in the child’s bad books before I am now :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

You want to look for the US AB-1006 issue in the thick and very glossy gatefold jacket. This is much the best sounding copy of Aja in my collection. There’s an AB-1006 in a non-gatefold that’s not as good (although still better than most). AFAIK the masters are gone for this one so it’s a case of snagging the nicest possible condition AB-1006 glossy gatefold you can find.

FWIW, the current reissue is not bad at all, although some report IGD on the inner tracks, but it’s great value, and I would probably put it ahead of even my mint UK copy. However the AB-1006 I mention above is streets ahead.

2 Likes

Thanks Richard, those are exactly the comparisons I was looking for.

It’s a similar situation for Gaucho; the Original US Robert Ludwig cut (look for Masterdisk RL in the dead wax) is way out ahead of the UK original. Likewise the original US Robert Ludwig cut of Greatest Hits…

2 Likes

Al Stewart - Year of the Cat.

20 Likes

After having listened to Physical Graffiti a few days ago…

19 Likes

I am having so much fun today :joy:

2 Likes

Now you’re talking :wink:

2 Likes

Now playing-

13 Likes

Steely Dan Alive In America / 1995 Giant / Japan CD / BVCG643

15 Likes

The War on Drugs - Live Drugs. Met up in Wiltshire last night with a group of friends I haven’t seen for 2 years. Played this in car on the way back this morning and it’s slightly melancholy/ reflective mood suited my (thoroughly deserved) hangover perfectly! I think the live version of ‘Under the pressure’ has to be one of my favourite ever live songs

10 Likes

Gene Clark - No Other.

11 Likes

Azymuth Telecommunication / 1982 Milestone / US CD / MCD9102 / DIDX000111

6 Likes

Time to hunt the original US cuts, then.

Thanks.