What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Jeff Lorber Fusion Space-Time / 2021 Shanachie / US CD / 5488

Arrived today (Sunday) and sounding great on first play. Jeff / Jimmy Haslip / Gary Novak, are joined by Robben Ford, Hubert Laws, Michael Landau, Paul Jackson Jr. and Yellowjacket Bob Mintzer.

3 Likes

Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy.

10 Likes

Leon Bridges Gold-Diggers Sound.

4 Likes

Bobo Stenson, piano
Anders Jormin, bass
Jon Christensen, drums

Recorded in 1999.

4 Likes

Peter Gabriel Us

19 Likes

Emma Jean Thackray Yellow.

8 Likes

Jazz Dispensary- Dank D-Funk Blend, Vol. 2

This is on regular play at Dread mansions.
Released as an RSD special, pretty much sold out, but sounds good streaming.

Nice compilation of Soul Jazz, Funk and a touch of Latin grooves,
Ray Barretto, Charles Earland, Leon Spencer, Esther Marrow, Cal Tjader, Pucho & His Latin Soul Brothers, Johnny Guitar Watson

418464862141-360
:heart:

4 Likes

9 Likes

Christone “Kingfish” Ingram - 662

8 Likes

Supertramp, Crisis? What Crisis?, cd rip

After trying a few of those… ‘I should like this because everyone else does’ albums; now playing some proper music :wink: Excellent.

16 Likes

The Beatles - Abbey Road, on one of those fabulous Japanese shmcd silver discs.

18 Likes

Supertramp, The Very Best Of…, cd rip

Two albums. 29 superb tracks.

8 Likes

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly

27 Likes

7 Likes

Some ambient electronica to start the day, very reminiscent of Biosphere’s work.

2 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Dirty Work, includes the outstanding " One Hit ( To The Body ) ".

9 Likes

Not sure whether this should be in Streaming, Jazz Music or here, but I have just searched Amazon HD for music from the series of Bosch. Three playlists came up which I am now playing the first one of.

Excellent jazz mix tape, excellent quality.

images

KT Tunstall - Drastic Fantastic, great melodic pop.

14 Likes

Mark Black - Babes in the Wood, first Mark Black I ever got way back in the day when I think I saw an interview with her and she had some sort of arrangement with Mission, whose big speaker of the day was the 753 if memory serves me right. Anyway, this one on remastered vinyl from Purepleasure records, very good quality.

I’ve got quite a few of her albums but think this is the most complete of them all.

mblack

17 Likes

Agree Adam - also just purchased from pure pleasure and arrived safely in Sydney. I’ve had the CD for such a long time and really wanted it on vinyl

As you say , a complete album and I think her best

Cheers

Bevo