What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Chris Isaak - Heart Shaped World

5 Likes

I’m just north of London and less than 20 miles from their headquarters but this one came via Austria, but that might be a side effect of ordering it from Amazon as opposed to direct, needless to say I’m now on the mailing list as it’s a lot cheaper from them direct.

She’s always had an amazing warmth to her vocals, crystal clear but warm, rare combination in my opinion.

1 Like

Agree - I’ve got a few more of hers on CD and they are excellent. Saw her here in Sydney concert so many years ago now and it was a great Irish gig

2 Likes

I saw her in concert with Altan in Tunbridge Wells years ago. That was a great show!

2 Likes

Today’s wall building playlist as supplied by Stevec yesterday

Starting with…

Turisas - The Varangian Way
Great Folk metal / symphonic metal charting the story of a group of Scandinavians traveling the river routes of medieval Kievan Rus’ (territory of modern Belarus, Ukraine and Russia), through Ladoga, Novgorod and Kiev, down to the Eastern Roman Empire.

2 Likes

Continuing with more metal and a firm favourite band of mine. This time an album of covers

Helloween - Metal Jukebox

3 Likes

Steve Miller Band - Fly Like an Eagle.

12 Likes

Talking Heads, Once In A Lifetime (Best of), cd rip

First heard of this band from my room mate, first year of Uni… c. '79 I’d guess. I came into the shared room and the first thing I saw was a poster for the Talking Heads concert for the year before.

17 Likes

Cheap Trick - At Budokan.

9 Likes

Talk Talk, Natural History: The Very Best Of…, cd rip

It’s a day for playing excellent albums. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

What has he got in his right hand?

The Derek Trucks Band - Soul Serenade.

10 Likes

Coin for the jukebox

1 Like

Streaming…

Nancy Sinatra - Start Walkin’: 1965-1976

Hi @TheKevster, hope you dont mind me tagging you. I just got an alert on this, I recall you were one of a number of forumites enthusing about this a while back. Listening to the stream, perhaps it’s me but the SQ sounds rather processed? not familiar with original recordings so not sure. Also, how did you find the pressing, its described as yellow marbled vinyl.

Great music though, just a tad distracted by what I’m perceiving as that processed sound, will be grateful for your, or any others view on the above before hitting “pay now”

Thanks
:heart:

5 Likes

Soft Machine - Third

9 Likes

Alice Cooper - Killer.

8 Likes

12 Likes

2 x LP - Polydor 2016 : )

Mick Jagger – lead vocals, harmonica
Keith Richards – guitar
Charlie Watts – drums
Ronnie Wood – guitar

Additional musicians:

Darryl Jones – bass
Chuck Leavell – keyboards
Eric Clapton – slide guitar (on “Everybody Knows About My Good Thing”), lead electric guitar (on “I Can’t Quit You Baby”)
Matt Clifford – Wurlitzer piano, electric keyboards, Hammond B3
Jim Keltner – percussion (on “Hoo Doo Blues”)

Recorded at British Grove Studios, London, Dec 2015 / Album release Dec 2016

<>

:balloon: Happy Birthday Sir Mick Jagger! :birthday: :balloon:

born 26th July 1943 and grew up in Dartford, Kent, England :uk:

78 years old Today! :smile: :+1:

21 Likes

Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood - Live From Madison Square Garden.

16 Likes

71iVyQwxm3L.SX425
Mdou Moctar… Very groovy African guitar. Reminds me of King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard…

3 Likes