What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

16 Likes

10 Likes

<<>>

Happy Birthday Bobbie Gentry! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born Roberta Lee Streeter on 27th July 1942 in Chickasaw County, Mississippi :us:

79 years ago! :cake: :yum:

11 Likes

Deep Purple - Made in Japan.

20 Likes

Philippe Saisse Halfway 'til Dawn / 1999 GRP / US CD / 3145475892

3 Likes

CD - vile beat records 1993 : )

<>

Happy Birthday Barbara Thompson! :balloon: :birthday: :balloon:

born on 27th July 1944 in Oxford, England :uk:

:saxophone: 77 years ago! :smiley: :+1:

8 Likes

Airbag - All Rights Removed, on vinyl… :+1:t3: :notes: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

1 Like

I missed my chance to grab this one. Now patiently waiting for a repress :wink:

Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick.

20 Likes

I remember my 1st day at College aged 16, in the lunch hour, going down to the nearby Youth Centre. This was playing. I was instantly hooked.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Nice recording and song selection on ‘Windows Of The World’, I hope it makes it to CD one day.

2 Likes

State of Trance 2020. Doing a great motivational upbeat job while drawing.

1 Like

Streaming…

Really enjoying this new discovery, thanks to @IvdZ for drawing attention on the Jazz Thread
Actually I’ve been hearing this guys sax and will have seen him live as part of the Dap Kings with Sharon Jones but just didnt know it.

Cochemea - Vol 2 Baca Sewa (Daptone)

Bandcamp;

The Dap-Kings’ electro-sax space warrior returns with a groove-heavy sequel to All My Relations, Vol. II: Baca Sewa, an expressive, transcendental voyage through the archives of his indigenous roots and beyond. Drawing on ancestral memories and family histories to wrap new flesh around the bones of history, this album is a bold, semi-autobiographical work that leads us deeper into the annals of family histories, mythology and the cultural imaginary.

“Baca Sewa” is Cochemea’s original family name prior to Spanish colonization. The melody was composed by Anthony Gastelum and features vocals and drumming by the Baca Sewa Singers- a group composed of several generations of family members. The album runs thick with sonic tributes and remembrances. “Chito’s Song” is a contemplative, ethereal tribute to a beloved uncle. “Curandera” conjures the memory of the irrepressible healing power of medicine women. “Black Pearl” recalls his great grandfather, heir to a legacy of indigenous peoples enslaved as pearl divers in the Sea of Cortez.

Leading a 7-piece ensemble composed of New York’s top percussionists and members of Daptone’s rhythm section, Cochemea has created his own world of emotional textures and rhythmic possibilities, a musical and spiritual synthesis made possible through his deep reverence of the horn and the music and traditions preceding him. Vol II: Baca Sewa - is an offering and continuation of Cochemea’s explorations, part of a musical process of cultural reclamation and healing through connection, relations, memory and imagination
:heart:

5 Likes

Now playing-

Rainbow on stage

9 Likes

Yellowjackets Mint Jams / 2002 Heads Up / US CD x 2 / HUCD3065

1 Like

8 Likes

Led Zeppelin - Presence.

16 Likes

Probably first heard that word on The Banana Splits.

Though searching it may have been Shazzan!