What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

The Gloaming - 2

Thomas Bartlett (Piano), Dennis Cahill (Guitar), Martin Hayes (Fiddle) and Iarla Ó Lionáird (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this morning with ‘The Gloaming 2’ and they are sounding might sweet!

8 Likes

Yello | Point | 2020
Joining @YetiZone playing those Swiss funsters.

16 Likes

1974 UK London vinyl:

13 Likes

Little Feat - Sailin’ Shoes.

17 Likes

Yello - Stella.

Joining in with the earlier Yellofest … they’re a bit like buses, you wait ages for one, then three turn up together … I don’t seem to have played any Yello for ages, and now I reckon that’s me stuck in a Yello frame of mind for much of this evening.

Can anyone touch them for consistently well recorded choons? I think not.

14 Likes

You’re right there Dave. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Now playing…

The Gloaming - 3

Martin Hayes (fiddle), Dennis Cahill (guitarist), Iarla Ó Lionáird (vocals), Caoimhín Ó Raghallaigh (hardanger fiddle) and homas Bartlett (piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with the beautiful music from ‘The Gloaming’ and they are sounding sublime! Life is Grand and this album, actually all of their albums, are mighty sweet…

8 Likes

Moving from one blind genius (Ray) to another (Stevie). Bog standard early 80s vinyl:

26 Likes

Thank you for remind me ( indirectly).

7 Likes

Deerhunter at their best imo

1 Like

<<>>

Pleasant folky album, although it gets a little spooky in places :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Whoa, that brings back some good memories, had the first Darts LP, and saw them Live too, think it was a University gig. :+1:

1 Like

@dave-marshall & @Steve_S Agree, they’ve been so prolific and pretty consistent with each and every album, and all done with terrific self awareness and humour. Big fan of Boris and Dieter!

2 Likes

Led Zeppelin - In Through The Outdoor, on a lovely Japanese pressing.

17 Likes

The Outlaws.

7 Likes

Sheryl Crow - 100 Miles From Memphis.

11 Likes

The Cush - Riders In The Stardust Gold (2021)

Astral, lysergic nuttiness from Texas. Perfect if you need some fresh psychedelia. Try the song Beneath The Lines.

3 Likes

In memory of Dusty Hill who died today in his sleep

30 Likes

Yello | You Gotta Say Yes To Another Excess | 1983
Perhaps just one more for the road…

13 Likes

That’s the first I have heard of it, thanks for all the great music Dusty.

5 Likes