What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Always will find the time to fit some Kate Bush in, so celebrating her Birthday by watching these favourites, and still in awe of her creativity.

Cloudbusting

Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)

11 Likes

Paul McCartney and Wings - Rockshow, a much punchier mix employed here than on the various performances chosen for the Wings Over America album.

8 Likes

Haven’t played this for a while…

Peter Gabriel Big Blue Ball, on 45rpm blue vinyl… :grin: :sunglasses: :notes:

10 Likes

Grateful Dead - Workingman’s Dead.

12 Likes

LP - EMI 1980 : )

Kate’s 3rd studio album, it was her first number 1 album and was also the first album by a British female solo artist to top the UK album chart, as well as being the first album by any female solo artist to enter the chart at number 1. It has since been certified Gold by the BPI.

Recorded September 1979 – May 1980 at Abbey Road Studios, and AIR Studios, London
Album released on 7th September 1980

23 Likes

Lump - Animal
John Martyn - The Church with one Bell

Vinyl.

5 Likes

David Sanborn Hideaway / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795678

3 Likes

Atb
Kk

6 Likes

2018 version. Her most out there record, but up there with her very best work as far as I’m concerned.

22 Likes

Durand Jones & The Indications - Private Space

6 Likes

On Vinyl:

David Ray - Skellig

8 Likes

Queen - Sheer Heart Attack.

14 Likes

Oliver Nelson - The Blues and The Abstract Truth.

Listening to this I’m wondering if it’s possible to produce such a great sounding LP at the £36 price point why on earth am I allowing myself to get suckered into paying silly money for MFSL Onesteps & AP UHQR!!
Anyhow I digress.

Also listening to

The Beck Studio Acetate 1969 release from Seelie Court label

On Vinyl of course.

3 Likes

Ryley Walker - Course In Fable

One of my favourites from this year.

Vinyl.

1 Like

David Sanborn As We Speak / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28070

David Sanborn Saxophone
Bob Mintzer Bass Clarinet
Marcus Miller Bass
Michael Sembello, Buzzy Feiten Guitar
Don Freeman, George Duke Keyboards
Michael Sembello Vocals
Paulinho Da Costa Percussion
Omar Hakim Drums

7 Likes

Genesis - Trespass.

18 Likes

Wow! You’ve been sharing a lot of love! You’ve reached the maximum daily likes for today, but as you gain trust levels, you’ll earn more daily likes. You’ll be able to like posts again in 8 hours.

My like-gun has run out of ammo again, can you lot play rubbishy music for the next 8 hours until i get reloaded? :grin: :+1:

9 Likes

On Vinyl:

10 Likes

Here’s an interesting one - his first album was a thrash-up Wild Willy Barrett affair.

Then he sits down at the piano and turns out a… as Bandcamp say “With hints of jazz, blues, country, gospel and soul in the collective veins of Randy Newman, Warren Zevon, Bill Withers, Billy Joel, Kate Bush, Steely Dan, The Doobie Brothers, Nina Simone, Elton John, The Band, Lennon & McCartney, Leon Russell etc” -

Ummmm that’s some list but anyone who looks like that on the cover and can turn Status Quo’s Caroline into a beautiful piano ballad - just got my £7 + tax.

4 Likes