What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Kate Bush Hounds Of Love

More Kate Bush Birthday goodness, and sorry but no rubbishy music here or in the car, where I am just about to give this a play (while driving)!

kbushhoundsoflovecd

@Debs strangely, despite your regular posts and efforts on the Forum it appears you are a member and not actually a regular who (I think) get a few more likes!

Perhaps you could just quote and use an emoji if you don’t want to wait 8 hours :laughing:

18 Likes

Another RSD 2011 2nd drop purchase, excellent recording and pressing.

6 Likes

Gentle Giant - Acquiring The Taste

7 Likes

The Beach Boys - Surf’s Up.

17 Likes

Enjoyable, while I always dislike sounds like moving cups…

9 Likes

On Vinyl:

25 Likes

Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, a True Star.

12 Likes

Original UK vinyl from 2011…

20 Likes

Is it Jazz? In the old days they used to call this ‘easy listening’. Certainly is easy to listen to and enjoy immensely. This just oozes class in a style very much her own.

11 Likes

Just put this on after it was delivered today, the newly released remastered Cupid and Psyche 85, top album.

4 Likes

Great album, not jazz but just great music

7 Likes

Cutting Crew. Broadcast. Vinyl. 1986. One of my favourite 80s albums, ( there aren’t many that come to mind). Some great guitar playing from the late Kevin MacMichael, who later played with Robert Plant.

5 Likes

I don’t know why I like this so much but I love it. Heard it on the series “Dark” on Netflix which I would recommend to anyone. In fact the soundtrack to all 3 seasons are good: Agnes Obel, RY X brilliant.

2 Likes

Kate Bush - The Kick Inside. Joining in celebrating Kate Bush’s birthday by playing this early UK pressing of her debut album - a truly unique talent.

22 Likes

Sparks - Propaganda.

10 Likes

Steely Dan - Katy Lied.

Hmm, it’s seen better days has this one. I could do with a replacement. For now though, it’s still an outstanding album.

19 Likes

From the 2021 RSD box set, War’s first post-Eric Burdon album, War. No idea who mastered it or whence it was sourced but it sounds good.

The vinyl is nice and silent @Dreadatthecontrols

9 Likes

Give us a clue Bert, who are they and what is it? :wink:

Thanks, hopefully the other records in the set will be likewise.

I first discovered War and the track Lowrider via this K-Tel comp, remember those? Probably bought in Woolies
R-784173-1459794143-5201.jpeg
R-784173-1459794145-6525.jpeg
:heart:

2 Likes

Bill Evans - On Green Dolphin Street

With Paul Chambers (b) and Philly Joe Jones (d)

8 Likes