What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

R.E.M. - Murmur.

10 Likes

Doris Troy, her self-titled debut on Apple, co-produced with George H. Typical of the time a plethora of star names guested on the sessions.

5 Likes

11 Likes

Now playing…

Jackson Browne - Downhill From Everywhere

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Jackson Browne newly released album from July 22nd and he and the band are sounding mighty fine! …always enjoyed his music.

9 Likes

U2 - War.

12 Likes

1 Like

Bob Moses to wash away a crappy week and look forward to a couple of days in Devon.

Sorry for the feet.

3 Likes

David Sanborn Closer / 2004 Verve / Japan CD / UCCV1065

Another fine DS recording.

1 Tin Tin Deo 2 Senor Blues 3 Don’t Let Me Be Lonely Tonight 4 Smile 5 Enchantment 6 Ballad Of The Sad Young Men 7 Another Time, Another Place 8 Capetown Fringe 9 Poinciana 10 You Must Believe In Spring 11 Sofia

2 Likes

Suzanne Vega.

18 Likes

Now playing…

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this new release, July 29th, from Naia Izumi that I saw on Qobuz and a mention above from @ewemon so taking out for a spin! Opening track ‘Honesty’ is sounding mighty fine and looking forward to the rest of the album…

This Prince album was just released. Tal Wilkenfeld plays bass. It’s on Apple Music and several other services.

2 Likes

One of the best

1 Like

I hope you have a couple of lovely days in Devon :relaxed:

1 Like

K.D. Lang - Shadowland.

9 Likes

Kate Bush, selection from ‘the other sides’ (2018 remaster). Happy birthday! Starting with this one. :blush:

13 Likes

David Sanborn Time Again / 2016 Verve / Japan SHM CD / UCCU5834

@Debs One of DS’s best to close the day.

4 Likes

CD - Warner Bros Records Inc 1986 : )

Bob James - keyboards, synthesizers
David Sanborn -saxophone
Marcus Miller - bass
Steve Gadd - drums
Paul Milton Jackson, Jr. - guitar
Paulinho Da Costa - percussion
and with
Eric Gale - guitar on “Since I Fell for You” and “You Don’t Know Me”
Al Jarreau - vocal on “Since I Fell for You”
Doug Sax - mastering

Recordings from Clinton Recording Studios and Unique Recording Studios. 1986

4 Likes

Having seen this mentioned by quite a few on this thread, thought I’d give it a try. Ain’t bad at all is it? Definitely growing on me. Nice guitar work!

4 Likes

A (younger) colleague in work talking to me about her Dad’s musical taste (yes I could be her Dad :frowning: ) mentioned The Undertones and asked were they a one hit wonder with Teenage Kicks.

Not quite I replied.

I sent her “my favourite cousin “ via Spotify but somehow I ended up here tonight. A great album.

Mind you I think as a 56 year old I’ve eventually twigged what sigh and explode is about. Sad really.

.sjb.

6 Likes

Sophie Ellis-Bextor, read my lips. Feel like more pop tunes after Kate Bush, may be also because it is a sunny Saturday morning down under. :relaxed::notes:

3 Likes