What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

They do indeed. :joy:

1 Like

I still think its her best, by a whisker.

1 Like

Now playing…

Bill Frisell - Good Dog, Happy Man

Bill Frisell (electric and acoustic guitars, loops and music boxes), Greg Leisz (pedal steel, Dobro, lap steel, Weissenborn, National steel guitar and mandolin), Wayne Horvitz (organ, piano, samples), Viktor Krauss (bass), Jim Keltner (drums and percussion) and Ry Cooder (electric guitar, Ripley guitar on “Senandoah”).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on into the noon hour and starting up today’s exercise routine with this beautiful album ‘Good Dog, Happy Man’ with Bill and friends! Love Bill’s work and this is one sweet album!

4 Likes

George Harrison - Live In Japan, listening to the sacd disc that is to be found as part of the Dark Horse Years box set.

5 Likes

Spinning a few 12” singles…

Talk Talk - Life’s What You Make it.

David Bowie - China Girl.

Blancmange - Living On The Ceiling.

Frankie Goes To Hollywood. Relax. Wow as to the power of the bass, a superb sounding twelve inch single. Fabulous cover drawing by Anne Yvonne Gilbert too.

11 Likes

Yola - Stand For Myself
CD|2021

Arrived today. First listen.

3 Likes

On the Joni tack, reminded me of this, now playing.

15 Likes

Not used the TT for months.

7 Likes

I still have relax on 7" not sure what happened to 12" oooh we misses.

1 Like

Ferry - Dylanesque

In some ways, preferable to the originals.

4 Likes

Aerosmith - Permanent Vacation. A recent addition to the collection. Had a copy of this when a student and it got lost at some point, so nice to be reacquainted with it! Playing here on an early German pressing.

5 Likes

David Sanborn inside / 2015 Elektra / Japan CD / WPCR28153

Another celebration play for the birthday of DS.

1 Corners (For Herbie)
2 Day Dreaming - vocal Cassandra Wilson
3 Trance
4 Brother Ray
5 Lisa
6 When I’m With You
7 Naked Moon
8 Cane
9 Ain’t No Sunshine - vocal Sting
10 Miss You

2 Likes

Carole King - Writer.

4 Likes

Me too…

Probably?

1 Like

UK first pressing on Harvest from 1978. Dave keeps it simple, and the result is still by some distance his best solo record.

20 Likes

A kick up the eighties

17 Likes

Bit of a throwback to the 90’s this Friday, but Gomez’s Bring it On is certainly on point and has some decent production qualities to boot. Proper mix of indie and electronica.

19 Likes

Now playing…

Prince - Welcome 2 America

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… new release section of Qobuz had this available so taking it out for a spin and the album is sounding mighty sweet!

10 Likes

Wife picked it up in a charity shop. Nice double vinyl in mint condition. Not normally my cup of tea but very enjoyable

6 Likes

Anna Tivel - Small Believer
CD|2017
I forget who mentioned Anna Tivel earlier, but thought I would try her out. So far a delightful folk album.

4 Likes