What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Japan - Tin Drum.

16 Likes

Playing the forthcoming Alabama 3 album (which features Ese and Sheena) because it’s the first night of the tour tonight in Coventry and the girls are very excited about their first gig of the year…

6 Likes

D.A.F. - Alles Ist Gut

4 Likes

10 x LP boxset - Philips 1971 : )

<<>>

Isolde Ahlgrimm was born on this day in 1914

Together with her husband, instrument collector Erich Fiala (1911–78), Ahlgrimm played a central role in the revival of interest in the use of period instruments for the performance of Baroque and Classical music.

Ahlgrimm and Fiala presented their long-running series of Concerte für Kenner und Liebhaber (“Concerts for connoisseurs and amateurs”) in Vienna between 1937 and 1956; this involved 74 different programs of music from the 16th to the 20th centuries, much of this repertoire receiving its first modern performance.

Isolde Ahlgrimm 31 July 1914 – 11 October 1995

6 Likes

Saw him/them in the UK last year. Just brilliant. Steve Winwood supporting.

1 Like

Had to listen to Time Waits For No One even though Mick Taylor didn’t get the credit he deserved. Magic stuff!:sunglasses:

19 Likes

Just put this track on. Michael Stipe and Natalie Merchant. 2 of my favourite music people!

5 Likes

The best Stones boot, and the best Stones live album…

11 Likes

The Pineapple Thief - Versions Of The Truth. I’d never heard of this band until I joined this forum.

7 Likes

I have always had a soft spot for a flawed genius. Not sure I agree with a lot he says these days though!

6 Likes

Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - Architecture & Morality.

9 Likes

The Crusaders Images / 2009 Verve / US CD / B001269802

10 Likes

Brian Eno and John Cale - Wrong Way Up. I’ve been exploring some of John Cale’s solo work and stumbled on this rather good collaboration with Brian Eno from 1990.

9 Likes

Van Morrison - Roll with The Punches.

9 Likes

Gary Numan - Replicas.

11 Likes

Original Shimmydisc vinyl…

3 Likes

Scott Walker - Scott 3.

12 Likes

Dexter Gordon - Go!

15 Likes

Kate Wolf - Lines on the Paper.

4 Likes

Richard and Linda Thompson - I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight.

14 Likes