What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

John Lennon - Lennon Legend, playing the dvd which contains what was then new remixes of all the tracks, except the Double Fantasy material. A few variations to keep it interestinng.

5 Likes

Jimi Hendrix Live at Woodstock

Prior to playing the Woodstock triple album, I’ve jumped straight in at the end with the complete Hendrix set (two sets?). There was never anything too refined in Hendrix’s playing, particularly when playing live, but it’s great to feel in the moment as Jimi draws a curtain over the hippy dream.

18 Likes

Ashley Monroe, like a rose. Best wishes. :relaxed:

5 Likes

R.I.P Dusty

21 Likes

My copy of the CD/Blue Ray/Vinyl edition of Prince’s posthumous Welcome 2 America arrived in the mail yesterday and whilst not every track is a standout from Prince’s wider catalogue, there are some real gems here. Moreover, the recording is excellent, very direct (which I like) and the vocal harmonies are delivered as if Prince and his band are in the room. Hi-hat really crisp, bass lines are clear without being overly prominent. The foregoing applies to the cd-copy. I have yet to sample the vinyl and the blue ray. So far very happy with this new addition to my record collection

4 Likes

kt

Rather fine album, this.

Edit. Kristina Train.

2 Likes

Carrie Underwood, my Savior. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight Live in Japan 2009, concert recorded at Budokan.

9 Likes

On Vinyl:
Jeff Beck - Emotion & Commotion

12 Likes

CD - Explore Records 2006 : )

Anthony Pleeth - cello
Richard Webb - cello
Christopher Hogwood - harpsichord

Recorded: Rosslyn Hill Unitarian Chapel, London, March 1978

<<>>

Benedetto Marcello; Italian author and composer,
born in Venice, Italy, on this day in 1686

Benedetto Marcello 1686-1739

6 Likes

I am a big fan

Birdy, young heart. Don’t think I can finish this today. It is 4mins to midnight here down under. But too good not to make a start. I think it will be a great album to start the day, too. :relaxed:

5 Likes

On Vinyl:

9 Likes

On vinyl first pressing:

George Harrison - All Things Must Pass

22 Likes

Inspired by @anon10403888, Time Waits for No One, Mick Taylors playing superb, and Nick Hopkins on piano. A favourite Stones track and album.

15 Likes

On Vinyl:
Phil Collins - Face Value

13 Likes

5 Likes

Van Morrison - Avalon Sunset.

21 Likes

The Isley Brothers - Harvest for the World. Great album and the song itself is amazing

13 Likes

And if there is a song more evocative of ‘lost’ summer days with my friends in my youth than Summer Breeze, then I would be hard pressed to name it

13 Likes