What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Perfect Sunday listening with a glass of Norfolk gin

1 Like

Portishead - Dummy. 1st press

16 Likes

Beautiful jangly Byrds-inspired music from Real Estate - Days. If you don’t know them check out the final track All the Same - just perfect

2 Likes

It’s Ben Wendel the saxophone player

1 Like

I also have the original vinyl of this Amon Duul 2 live album. Yes, I think it was a 99p purchase!

2 Likes

2 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

13 Likes

The classic PF Ummagumma. Love the live sound on the live sides.

18 Likes

If pushed I would have to say that this is my favourite NCATBS album. Higgs Boson Blues still gives me the shivers

18 Likes

Tidal Masters:

15 Likes

Genesis. SEBTP. Old Vinyl. Still sounds good to me.

61-a1ZA72OL.AC_SX450

25 Likes

I’m really enjoying this. I posted a few days ago when I streamed it.
Now sounding nice on the vinyl version from Daptone records

Cochemea - Vol II Baca Sewa

A California native with Yaqui and Mescalero Apache Indian ancestry, Cochemea has spent much of his diverse musical career – as a soloist, musical director, composer and ensemble player – exploring and iterating on roots music. Cochemea spent the last 15 years touring with the late Sharon Jones.
:heart:

1 Like

On 45rpm vinyl… :grin: :notes: :+1:t3:

26 Likes

This seems popular today so have taken it out for my next spin!

19 Likes

Kraftwerk trans Europe express

16 Likes

Thanks Andy. Sabotage Live seems to be out of print at the moment. Perhaps I’ll be able to track down a used copy.

1 Like

Elton John | 1970
Reg’s fine eponymous first, over fifty now it still holds fond memories of some great times.

16 Likes

You can give it a preview in it’s entirely on Youtube.

All of the tracks never appeared on a studio album.

Marc Aaron’s guitar tone is just awesome.

Now Playing…

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push The Sky Away

Nick Cave (Fender Rhodes, Piano, Vocals), Barry Adamson (Bass), Antonio Beliveau (Vocals), Martyn Casey (Bass), The Children of Ecole Saint Martin, Saint-Rémy-De-Provence (Vocals), Chris Dauray (Saxophone), Warren Ellis (Fender Rhodes, Flute, Tenor Guitar, Loops, Synthesizer, Viola, Violin), Jason Evigan (Vocals), Martha Skye Murphy (Vocals), Jessica Neilson (Bass Clarinet), Aya Peard (Vocals), Ryan Porter (Trombone), Conway Savage (Vocals), James Sclavunos (Percussion), George Vjestica (12 String Acoustic Guitar), Vocals), Natalie Wilde (Vocals) and Thomas Wydler (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… a mention from @crispyduck above reminded me I have not had ‘Push The Sky Away’ out for a spin in quite a while, and there is no time like the present… and Nick & The Bad Seeds and guests are sounding mighty sweet this morning!

15 Likes

Thanks, I’ll do that.