What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Kacey Musgraves - Pageant Material - WAV CD rip
Country with challenging lyrics, great beat and hooks and a huge amount of wit.

12 Likes

Fela Kuti Open & Close. Vinyl reissue plain black rather than the RSD multicolour. Raw and vital - permission to (dad) dance sah!

4 Likes

4 Likes

Now playing…

Matthew Halsall & The Gondwana Orchestra - What The World Needs Now Is Love / Tryin’ Times

Streaming on Qobuz… continuing on with the 11 minute two track release from Matthew in October 2020. First time giving it a spin and as always, sounding mighty sweet!

2 Likes

Now playing…

Dwight Triple - Inspirations

Dwight Trible (Vocals), Matthew Halsall (Trumpet), Taz Modi (Piano), Gavin Barras (Bass), Jon Scott (Drums), Luke Flowers (Drums) and Rachel Gladwin (Harp).

Streaming on Qobuz… after listening to the last album with the two songs from Dwight I found this album and taking out for a spin for the first time. I enjoyed his voice and with Mathew and his band playing it is sounding sublime! Looking forward to the full album…

2 Likes

Some Gristle. UK Industrial Records second press from 1979…

2 Likes

Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood. Streaming on one of my Muso Qb2. Sounds awesome!

11 Likes

Harnoncourt/Chamber Orchestra of Europe - Beethoven Symphonies 4 & 7 - WAV CD rip
I love Harnoncourt’s readings of the Beethoven Symphonies, the fast tempi really work for me, and the COE play with fire and style. The 4th is a lovely work full of happiness, the 7th takes that up a notch. Samuel Beckett described it as “The dearest of the 9”, and that’s true for me. The intense rhythmic energy, the power, the darkness lifting to joy, all in all I find it uplifting and joyful.

4 Likes

Mose Allison - Complete 1957-1962 Vocal Sides

Thank you @Simon-in-Suffolk.

5 Likes

Elton John | Blue Moves | 1976
One of my very favourite albums by Reg.

11 Likes

More of the mighty Throbbers - 2004 live album A Souvenir of Camber Sands.

4 Likes

This is a very good album. I’ve had it a while but it’s currently 30% off in the Qobuz sale.

4 Likes

I missed that one @TheKevster, I’ll have to try and find it. Hope you are doing well?

1 Like

My souvenir of Camber Sands goes back to the 70’s and an irate Father wanting to know what my intentions were after keeping his daughter out rather late one evening. Spooning in the moonlight on the sands didn’t seem an appropriate response.

1 Like

Yes fine thanks Steve. How about you?

1 Like

Yep all good, dodged the virus. :grinning:

1 Like

Wayne Shorter Speak No Evil / 1999 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349900127

10 Likes

Now playing…

Dwight Trible - Mothership

Dwight Trible (Vocals), John B. Williams (Double Bass), Ramses Rodriguez (Drums), Maia (Harp), Derf Reklaw (Percussion), Carlos Niño (Hand Percussion), Mark De Clive-Lowe (Piano), Kamasi Washington (Tenor Saxophone) and Miguel Atwood-Ferguson (Viola).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Dwight’s ‘Mothership’ album while I start up today’s exercise routine. Enjoying his music, sounding mighty fine!

1 Like

7 Likes