What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

…sorry, not familiar with the artist, could you provide the artist and album name.

Boulez conducting the NYPO in Bartok’s ‘The Wooden Prince’. Lovely recording

3 Likes

That’s Aretha, the one and only. and it’s a boxset of a mixture of remastered tracks and never before released songs, due out in September. :+1:

1 Like

Again with Mose Allison, this time with his friends: Van Morrison, Georgie Fame and Ben Sidran.

Tell Me Something: The Songs of Mose Allison

I have had this CD for many, many years, still learning about it.

1 Like

Sade - Soldier Of Love.

From the box set This Far.

20 Likes

This seems to work very well after the Bartok. Another great album

6 Likes

Kick-ass white vinyl. Suzi live in Japan in '77:

8 Likes

Beat me to it Dave.

1 Like

I can’t find the post but I think it was @trickydickie posted this album - got the CD a few days ago - very nice (playing it for the 2nd time this afternoon) !!!
This thread really shines - tons of new music to try, along with some old favourites to be resurrected !
Happy Bunny !

6 Likes

Sorry! :zipper_mouth_face:

Paul Motion, Joe Lovano and Bill Frisell.

Frisell at his best.

3 Likes

Still can’t get over the fact that he recorded this brilliant album and then co wrote that throwaway track Hey Hey with Macca for the Pipes of Peace

12 Likes

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen - Big Vicious

Avishai Cohen (Trumpet, Effects, Synthesizer), Uzi Ramirez (Guitar), Yonatan Albalak (Bass Guitar), Aviv Cohen (Drums) and Ziv Ravitz (Drums, Live Sampling).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on into the noon hour with Avishai’s ‘Big Vicious’ album and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet! I do love this album and the opening track ‘Honey Fountain’ is sounding sublime…

10 Likes

Still my favourite album of his. Played with a veritable who’s who of artists. Rickie Lee Jones (saw him on tour with her), George Harrison, Roy Buchanan, Gregg Allman, Dr John, Jimmy Cliff, Randy Newman, Carly Simon, Bill Withers, Miles Davis, Diana Krall, BB King, Leonard Cohen and Al Jarreau amongst many others.

5 Likes

New to me and rather nice👍

220px-The_who_live_at_leeds

20 Likes

Fela Kuti died on this day in 1997

On 3 August 1997, Kuti’s brother Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, already a prominent AIDS activist and former Minister of Health, announced Kuti’s death the day before from complications related to AIDS. Kuti had been an AIDS denialist, and his widow maintained that he did not die of AIDS. His youngest son Seun took the role of leading Kuti’s former band Egypt 80. As of 2020, the band is still active, releasing music under the moniker Seun Kuti & Egypt 80

3 Likes

Vaughan Brothers - Family Style.

12 Likes

Now playing…

Avishai Cohen’s Triveni - Dark Nights

Avishai Cohen (Trumpet), Keren Ann (Vocals), Omer Avital (Bass), Gerald Clayton (Fender Rhodes, Piano), Anat Cohen (Clarinet), Nasheet Waits (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on into the afternoon with another of Avishai’s albums and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

The Souljazz Orchestra - Inner Fire

souljazz

2 Likes