What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Steely Dan - Aja

After 4 days chasing DNA links with Ancestry and the Olympics, I have surfaced prompted by the Innuos 2.0.5 release which has fixed the bugs I suffered from.

This is sounding sensational. The notes from the instruments are popping out of thin air with such richness. Previously I saw their’s as nice smooth jazz.

Phil

17 Likes

Alphaville | Forever Young | 1984
I had a track or two floating around in my head, so out comes some fine old Kraut synth-pop.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Another Sky - Forget Yourself EP

1 Like

Accessible Jazz from talented and tasteful Guitarist and session guy, John Parricelli.
( I a bit biased as he is an old classmate when we were at school). Very enjoyable stuff. CD.
513EVtPWX6L.AC

4 Likes

Love it! Thats a very young Monty there and one I’ve not heard I dont think.
He has quite an extensive catalogue amongst which some of my favourites are the recordings he did for the MPS label, Ernest Ranglin likewise.
Thanks for the kind words
:heart:

1 Like

Doing evening stable chores after a day of ups and downs

Bit of Melody

Melody Gardot - Live in Europe

14 Likes

Following my earlier post and dissatisfaction with the SQ on the Best Of The Black President compilation.
Now I’m home I fished out this pretty good 2CD/DVD comp.
But most of the tracks are edits. Ah! I thought I’ll make my own Tidal playlist with the full length album versions of all the tracks.
Should keep me entertained, clocks in just shy of four hours! :joy:

:heart:

7 Likes

Dio - Holy Diver.

7 Likes

Sandie Shaw thought it was racy performing barefoot, back in the day! :wink: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Now playing…

Bruce Hornsby & The Range - Scenes From The Southside

Bruce Hornsby (Accordion, Dulcimer, Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Jimmy Bralower (Drum Programming), Jeff Gerson (Percussion), Huey Lewis (Harp), George Marinelli Jr. (Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals), John Molo (Drums), Joe Puerta (Bass, Vocals) and David Roitstien (Mandolin).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/24)… after running out to get some morning exercise work completed I am continuing on with Bruce’s 'Scenes from the Southside and he and the range are sounding mighty sweet! …a visit back to the late 80’s and is old time favorite.

15 Likes

Russell Ferrante Trio Inflexion / 2021 Blue Canoe / US CD / BC1456

4 Likes

Diamond Head - Lightning to the Nations.

2 Likes

Is an interesting variation of well known pieces…

6 Likes

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine.

5 Likes

LP record night…

First off, just reached the end of this, wine in hand, yes, I dozed off… beautiful.

3 Likes

The bass line on Erykah Badu’s On & On giving the new ATC SCM40A’s a good workout…

9 Likes

13 Likes

LP - Fly Agaric Records 2021 : )

My 3rd enjoyable listen to Morcheeba’s latest release of May this year :grinning: :+1:
Easy chillout listening, but to be picky; many tracks are a tad over-bloated with the bass programming. It’s a fab album as is but would have been a class above with some sophisticated percussion and a real drum kit.

9 Likes

The sounds these two can get from a piano and drums is amazing. A great album.

3 Likes