What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Earth, Wind & Fire - That’s The Way of the World

Verdine White (Bass Guitar), Philip Bailey (Vocals, Congas), Fred White (Drums), Maurice White (Drums), Ralph Johnson (Drums), Andrew P. Woolfolk (Flute, Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Al McKay (Guitar), Johnny Graham (Guitar), Maurice White (Kalimba), Larry Dunn (Keyboards, Moog Synthesizer, Piano, Organ), Al McKay (Percussion), Fred White (Percussion), Maurice White (Percussion), Philip Bailey (Percussion), Ralph Johnson (Percussion), Verdine White (Percussion), Ernie Watts (Saxophone), Saini Murira & Matepe Ensemble (Strings), George Bohanon (Trombone), Oscar Brashear (Trumpet), Maurice White, (Vocals), Philip Bailey (Vocals) and Verdine White (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention of Earth, Wind & Fire had me reach for this album and the band is sounding so sublime! One very fine band…

18 Likes

Nancy Sinatra, start walkin’ 1965-1976. :relaxed:

13 Likes

UFO - Force It.

6 Likes

As the legend goes, “this self-titled debut album should have been released in 1970, but disaster struck when bandleader Milton Keanes suffered a massive heart attack and the label decided to cancel the release. Shortly after, a fire destroyed the label warehouse, erasing the album from existence. Upon his release from hospital many months later, Milton found out that a band from Birmingham, conveniently called ‘Black Sabbath’, had since released two albums containing metal versions of what he claims were his songs.” :dark_sunglasses:

8 Likes

10 Likes

4 Likes

The Bamboos Hard Up, some new R&B Aussie style.

2 Likes

Saw them at the Southampton gaumont on the Agents of Fortune tour great concert….very loud.

1 Like

Richard Clapton Music is Love 1966-1970

3 Likes

Atb
Kk

7 Likes

Animal by Lump is an album I recently discovered. I really like it because it is different in a way. Hard to describe, try it yourself. :wink:

RoonShareImage-637637519109873548

4 Likes

Moving on now to Portishead’s third album. A bit darker, more dense than the earlier albums, perhaps.

13 Likes

IMO the best thing to ever come from the land of the long white clouds, Split Enz Spellbound (disc 1).

4 Likes

Beth Gibbons and Rustin’ Man - Out of Season

This is the only Beth Gibbons album I purchased, possibly in 2002 when it was released. Somehow I missed out Portishead completely - something I’m now trying to rectify. But this album is wonderful. The single, Tom the Model, is three minutes and 41 seconds of beauty. The album as a whole is one to treasure.

20 Likes

The portishead live album is essential.

Atb
Kk

4 Likes

Atb
Kk

3 Likes

Excellent album and in my collection.

Umphrey’s McGee - You Walked Up Shaking In Your Boots But You Stood Tall And Left A Raging Bull

1 Like

I was there. Truly spell binding experience.

1 Like

Prince - Welcome 2 America

10 Likes