Good idea @Graeme, I’ll join you.

The Velvet Underground | Loaded - Fully Loaded Edition | 1970 / 1997

12 Likes

Dave Gilmour’s excellent Live at Pompei. Fabulous sounding piece of vinyl

16 Likes

Billy Idol - Rebel Yell.

10 Likes

Neil Young | Harvest | 1972
Why? Because it’s been too long and I need to listen to this fine album again before it gets to fifty years old.

30 Likes

Steve Gadd Band at Blue Note Tokyo

I thought I’d better check this out since it’s getting a few hits in the Kabin. Features some fine guitar playing, but I’m still not convinced by Gadd’s drumming. Keeps time OK, but he’s no Tony Williams.

2 Likes

Some of the best music from JA in recent years. The brilliant and essential Inna De Yard sessions (*2 volumes a Solo Ken Boothe album and fantastic DVD film thus far)
This is the first The Soul Of Jamaica. Veteran elders and rising newcomers gather togethor at Earl Chinna Smith’s open air house and studio in the hills overlooking Kingston and record acoustically, unplugged as we say.

If you’ve still not discovered these recordings, do yourself a favour. (Widely available on all formats)

*The now inactive Makasound label actually started releasing Inna De Yard sessions some years back but those albums are now very hard to find with typical collectors prices

:heart:

4 Likes

The Police - Outlandos d’Amour.

18 Likes

They were touring the UK with Eric clapton, George Harrison, Dave Mason, Rita Coolidge….great sound

10 Likes

Haven’t played this in a while. I usually gravitate to the Trinity Sessions but this makes a nice change.

13 Likes

Mungo Jerry | In The Summertime | 1970
Great memories of a hot sunny summer at boarding school in Somerset. The album title taken from a huge selling single that was an anthemic backdrop to that summer for those of us of a certain age, revisiting this album there is a lot of decent music on it.

8 Likes

Cocteau Twins - Head Over Heels.

9 Likes

Donald Byrd Royal flush / 2006 Blue Note / RVG Edition / Germany CD / 094636263229

Donald Byrd Trumpet
Herbie Hancock Piano
Pepper Adams Saxophone
Butch Warren Bass
Billy Higgins Drums

6 Likes

The Christians, the eponymous debut from '87.

13 Likes

Siouxsie and the Banshees - A Kiss in the Dreamhouse.

10 Likes

This doesn’t get much mention here, but it’s a great album!

15 Likes

Culture - Two Sevens Clash

9 Likes

Johnny Cash - At Folsom Prison.

19 Likes

Definitely my favourite New Order album.

1 Like

Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat

Far too long since I played this.

Phil

18 Likes

Dead Can Dance - Within the Realm of a Dying Sun.

9 Likes