What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

sorry, my mistake, I knew it was Joy Division (trying to type this and work at the same time…) - I had the Throbbing Gristle one.

1 Like

PJ Harvey - Let England Shake. I’ve not listened to this much as I found it harder going than her earlier work, but listening to it now I’m quite enjoying it.

11 Likes

Celtic Music from Galicia.

3 Likes

New Order, Technique, original Factory Records vinyl pressing from January 1989.

Whenever i get fed up with New Order, with Bernard’s dreadful singing and dad-dancing, with their crappy latterday albums, the silly spats with Hooky, their descent into heritage act hell, I put Technique on and I remember why they were the best band in the world in the 1980s, why I saw them 74 times during that decade. Because it’s a brilliant album, their best in fact. Just great, great tunes, superb playing, faultless all round.

Unbelievably well recorded too – the bass is just incredible on this. The music is so powerful, if it’s as if the mighty Zep swapped their kit for electronics.

10 Likes

Humble Pie.

10 Likes

I’ve been working on booking the Unthanks for a concert next summer and it’s a bit tricky sorting everything out. So I’m consoling myself by listening to one of their albums, in the hope that it will all be worth it.

8 Likes

The Beatles - Let it Be …naked

Love the sparer take on this album. CD.

One of those albums that has me going, admittedly not too insightfully, ‘yeah they were utterly brilliant’.

13 Likes

Lee with a who’s who of great guitarists guesting - Joe Bonnamassa, Neal Schon, Robert Cray etc! A great Rock/Jazz fusion album.

9 Likes

Sounds interesting.

Haven’t played it for a while, forgot how good it is!

Steely Dan. Aja. Old Vinyl. Over familiar? Nope, never get tired of this.

19 Likes

This one is worth a listen!

9 Likes

Butthole Surfers - Psychic… Powerless… Another Man’s Sac.

3 Likes

Back to some classic jazz - Peggy’s Blue Skylight from the brilliant Mingus live 1974 triple. TBH I’m streaming it as I can’t be arsed to go next door, dig out the vinyl, select the right disc, take it out of the sleeve, give it a clean …

9 Likes

Original Factory double vinyl from 1987. Whast an amazinfg run of singles (and B-sides) there are on this album…

9 Likes

24 minutes of c jam blues. Excellent.

2 Likes

Beck - Hyperspace

8 Likes

Had to ‘like’ that for the Toyota Celica on the cover :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

3 Likes

Swell Maps - A Trip to Marineville.

2 Likes

The Velvet Underground - Loaded

16 Likes