What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Anyone wanting an introduction to the music of County Galway’s finest won’t go far wrong with this best of

The Saw Doctor’s - Sing A Powerful Song

4 Likes

Just found this live album by accident on Qobuz - first few tracks very good - its a 2 hour concert!

8 Likes

6 Likes

Deep Purple in Rock.

17 Likes

I saw it whilst looking for the new albums EP tracks which seem to only be on Spotify or Amazon. This is a good live gig.

2 Likes

Wonderful album released last year from Terry Allen and the Panhandle Mystery Band.

3 Likes

The Eagles - Hell Freezes Over

Playing the acoustic version of Hotel California from this album just to collect lots of likes! I suppose I ought to play Brothers in Arms next.

I first heard this at the Bristol show through a Quad system with large electrostatic loudspeakers. It was a mesmerising experience.

17 Likes

Jane Weaver - Flock. Have put this on as I live very close to Crystal Palace Park and I can currently hear her live on stage at the new South Facing festival! Rest of tonight’s acts are Fat White Family , Baxter Dury and Sleaford Mods. I am off to see The Streets at this festival on Aug 21st and Max Richter on Aug 28th

7 Likes

Now playing…

John Mayer - SOB ROCK

John Mayer (Bass, Keyboards, Piano), Jeff Babko (Keyboards), Lenny Castro (Percussion), Larry Goldings (Keyboards, Percussion), Sean Hurley (Bass), Greg Leisz (Pedal Steel), Maren Morris (Vocals), Jamie Muhoberac (Keyboards), Pino Palladino (Bass), Greg Phillinganes (Keyboards, Synthesizer) and Aaron Sterling (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… kicking off this Saturday morning with John’s latest release, July 15th, and he is sounding mighty sweet with his return to his roots. Like a flash back in time…

7 Likes

Forgot to say that I will be seeing Jane Weaver and Sleaford Mods at The End Of The Road Festival at beginning of September

Hi, I do not know if anyone else already replied, however being this one of my favorite records I give you my opinion… Mofi OMR is still my preferred edition. As like as their UHCD Gold disc… IMHO :relaxed:

1 Like

I have a few copies of this album and this one is my favourite stereo version pressed in 1973. Very dynamic. Anyway, Happy 55th Birthday Revolver, still my favourite Beatles album

23 Likes

Emmylou Harris - Pieces of the Sky

I just played a bit of Heads Hands and Feet, so the transition to Emmylou seems quite natural. This is possibly my favourite of her early albums.

19 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Flowers.

13 Likes

Some soulful pop from the Damned Devotion album by Joan As Police Woman.

9 Likes

Yes, she’s back :grinning:

3 Likes

The Fall - The Unutterable

5 Likes

Now playing…

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

Lindsey Buckingham (Vocals), Mick Fleetwood (Drums, Percussion), Christine McVie (Keyboards, Synthesizer, Vocals), John McVie (Bass) and Stevie Nicks (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a drop back in the way back machine and taking out ‘Rumors’ out for a spin and the trip down memory lane is sounding mighty sweet!

30 Likes

Patsy Cline - Showcase.

Another performer taken before her time (died aged 30 in a plane crash), having recorded only 3 albums of which this is the second. Includes “Crazy” and “Walkin’ After Midnight”, which even if you didn’t know who sang them, you’ve almost certainly heard the songs. Lovely voice filled with emotion.

8 Likes

Some live entertainment this afternoon at The Ship pub Sewerby East Yorkshire, my uncle Bri is playing bass left of the picture

Band is called The Trappist Monks based in Beverley.

11 Likes