What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Yes - Fragile.

16 Likes

An old Blaster in some fantastic place.

And there is a circuitous link to Ellen Foley above…

10 Likes

Feet up, chilled Chardonnay in hand, dinner simmering…

G

22 Likes

Engineers | Folly | 2004
Undecided what to play I glimpsed this in the library, chilled ambient electronica from these boys as ever. This one is EP sized.

3 Likes

This is an album of solo double bass. Sounds boring? Well it most definitely is not, and the range of sounds from this rather ungainly instrument is incredible. It’s the first time I’ve played it on my little speakers and it’s amazing what they are capable of.

4 Likes

Uriah Heep - …Very 'Eavy …Very 'Umble.

7 Likes

I was thinking the very same listening to ‘Easy Money’ on the RLJ above! These little Tablettes constantly amaze!

G

Not one of the best movies ever made, but a pretty decent soundtrack. That boy Jim could put together a good tune…

The singing is actually by Holly Sherwood btw, in case you were wondering why the lip synching isn’t even close :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Beautiful Freak | 1996
And now for something completely different, Eels debut album.

12 Likes

Toad.

2 Likes

Tedeschi Trucks Band - Layla Revisited, Live

I’m clutching a cold Asahi after work (not a Pentax) as the band rock through Have you ever loved a woman. Brilliant, driving blues. Now Little Wing, then the big one but it’s Thorn tree in the garden I want to hear.

8 Likes

Is that the same Bat Out Of Hell, Paradise By The Dashboard Light Ellen Foley ?

Yep :slightly_smiling_face:

As produced by Jim Steinman, who contributed the two tracks by ‘Fire inc.’ to Streets of Fire. Which also had a contribution from The Blasters, former band of Dave Alvyn and his brother.

What a recording, long versions of Humble Pie songs, Marriott sounds brilliant, Frampton lets loose……silly me, missed this one. I am sure a few rock acts learned from this concert.

8 Likes

Any good ?

Yes, streamed on Tidal as a CD seems hard to get hold of outside the U.S. or Netherlands…

Weed - Weed…!

1 Like

Now playing…

Sean Rowe - New Lore

Sean Rowe (Accordion, Clapping, Harmonica, Percussion, Vocals), Ken Coomer (Drums, Percussion), David Cousar (Electric Guitar), Richard Ford (Pedal Steel), Susan Marshall (Background Vocals), Gaylon Patterson (Violin), Jerry Phillips (Clapping), Jeff Powell (Clapping), Matt Ross-Spang (Clapping, Mellotron, Percussion), Reba Russell (Background Vocals)Neal Shaffer (Viola), Dave Smith (Bass), Rick Steff (Hammond B3, Mellotron, Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer), Heather Trussell (Violin) and Elen Wroten (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning home from running a couple of errands and continuing on with the fantastic music from Sean and the talented group of musicians backing him up on this album and they are sounding sublime! …this is one sweet album…

9 Likes

Just had a listen to a couple of tracks on YouTube and she still has a belting voice and goes full circle with a cover of Heaven Can Wait as the closing track, cost via Bandcamp is $15 for the cd plus about the same in postage to the UK so probably a bit steep for me for a single album but great to hear she’s still producing music

The Animals Animalisms

6 Likes