What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Brilliant stuff @SPD and a @Richard.Dane favourite!

2 Likes

The pineapple thief the soord sessions volume 4

4 Likes

Thievery Corporation The Mirror Conspiracy / 2000 4AD / UK CD / CAD2K06CD

8 Likes

Bit more of David Coverdale

9 Likes

61aIFEl1bMS.AC_SX355
I saw this in HMV and the cover had stuck in my mind from here - so thanks for the recommendation.
Some very interesting arrangements of tunes and some great frame drum playing.
I want to listen to this on headphones soon to hear more of the detail.

6 Likes

Not heard this in awhile so giving it another spin

6 Likes

You’re welcome David - certainly then the most worthwhile thing I did yesterday!

Clifford Brown - With Strings

Lazy Sunday…

6 Likes

The Beatles.

22 Likes

LP - Riverside Records reissue : )

Cannonball Adderley - alto saxophone
Milt Jackson - vibes
Wynton Kelly - piano
Percy Heath - bass
Art Blakey - drums

Recorded at Reeves Sound Studio, New York City on 28th October 1958
Album released February 1959

<<>>

In July, 1975 Julian Edwin "Cannonball " Adderley suffered a stroke from a cerebral hemorrhage and died four weeks later, on August 8, 1975, at St. Mary Mercy Medical Center in Gary, Indiana. He was 46 years old.He was survived by his wife Olga James Adderley, parents Julian C. and Jessie L. Adderley, and brother Nat Adderley. He was buried in the Southside Cemetery, Tallahassee.

Cannonball Adderley 1928-1975

13 Likes

The Rolling Stones, Goats Head Soup

25 Likes

I have the original pressing to, unfortunately when I got it I did not treat my records with the respect they deserved it’s a bit well worn and noisy these days. Doesn’t stop it being a fantastic album and even more so with it being the first I owned.

1 Like

Elton John - Empty Sky.

7 Likes

Continuing the dream pop afternoon, there’s something about lisa gerrard’s voice which hooks you in.

9 Likes

Ministry Of Sound the chillout session ibiza sunsets / 2003 MOS / UK CD x 2 / MOSCD68

3 Likes

Likewise, I have a few albums like that where I didn’t know how to look after them at the time, but this one seemed to have survived a little better than some. There is a two disc 45rpm version out now that might be worth a punt?

1 Like

3 Likes

Sounding awfully good on a Sunday afternoon.

18 Likes

The Savage Rose - In the Plain.

1 Like

Yello - Baby, on first UK pressing. Wonderful cinematic sound collages from Boris & Deiter, and on balance prob my fav Yello album, although they are all good.

11 Likes