What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Memories of gigs past.

3 Likes

Patsy Cline, the Patsy Cline story. :relaxed:

5 Likes

YMO, Naughty Boys. Since we’ve all been watching the sporting goings-on in Japan the past couple of weeks. This is one of the 1992 “Roadrunner” masters, which IMO are still the best-sounding versions of these albums.

1 Like

Glen Campbell died in Nashville, Tennessee, four years ago today on August 8, 2017, at the age of 81. He was buried in the Campbell family cemetery in Billstown, Arkansas.

16 Likes

Counting Crows - 1993 August And Everything After

14 Likes

Olga Kopylova - Beethoven: Piano Sonatas No. 3 in C Major, Op. 2 & No. 16 in G Major, Op. 31.

4 Likes

Bob Mintzer One Music / 1992 DMP / US Promo CD / CD488

Bob Mintzer Saxophone, Bass Clarinet
Russell Ferrante Keyboards
Jimmy Haslip Bass
Don Alias Congas
William Kennedy Drums

2 Likes

1st run

The “US version” of their groundbreaking 1979 debut. Again, this is the 1992 CD rather than the 2019 Ludwig version, whch although it adds extra detail, loses a lot of heft.

4 Likes

Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky.

13 Likes

The Untouchables - Wild Child, on first UK pressing. As I was rained off planting a new hedge (lucky me), time to play some REKIDS, and this slice of upbeat ska / soul crossover is a gem. Decent sounding record too.

2 Likes

This is turning into one of my absolute favourite jazz records. Stunning sound quality from this recent re-release

14 Likes

My wife wanted to revisit her youth. So a bit Whitesnake on vinyl

9 Likes

Indeed my avatar name was created back when we lived there and derived from it. We had great views from the flat over to London and a regular woodpecker that was in the tree right outside our window. Loved our time their was our first purchase. Had regular trips to the triangle to eat out and have a drink before the kids came along and the move to Beckenham can’t believe it’s 16 years ago now. How time flies.

9 Likes

Maze - Joy and Pain

5 Likes

First play…
Porcupine Tree - House Of Blues… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

10 Likes

John Mayer - Continuum, spinning the bonus dvd disc that accompanies this version of the cd. Excellent live versions of the album tracks.

10 Likes

The Specials - Specials, on first UK pressing, continuing the retro ska theme.

17 Likes

Genesis - From Genesis to Revelation.

10 Likes