What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Johanna Samuels - Excelsior!
CD|2021

Prompted by @David earlier post.

3 Likes

If you don’t know it, please check out Oleta Adams’ Circle of One LP - just brilliant.

14 Likes

Dave’s a lovely bloke and very fine guitarist. I love that album, he’s a huge Tolkien fan and has written a beautiful set of tracks based on LOTR.

Sometimes you just have to play a classic!

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours.

28 Likes

I’ve started listening to Heart 70s in the car on DAB - Boney M tracks just sound brilliant and bring a smile to my face.

3 Likes

The Sound - From the Lions Mouth.

1 Like

Thanks Eoink. TLOTR has been part of my life for 50 years and Dave’s album is a very fine interpretation.

Just ordered the CD.

1 Like

Great album, on vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

14 Likes

Steely Dan, pretzel logic. :relaxed:

21 Likes

I looped over Diana Krall’s girl in the other room, live in Paris amongst others so much that I have a couple of copies of them. And let’s not limit the meaning of a couple to two. :joy:

Inspired by @anon37685938, but I’m on original vinyl

26 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Joy Division, Unknown Pleasures (2019 digital master). Always knew this infamous cover but never played it before. What have I missed?! Thank you @anon23112058! :relaxed:

11 Likes

Why was it an infamous cover?

This is so enjoyable. Any version, not necessarily this one.

4 Likes

You are more than welcome. Should you ever come across an album cover that you do not recognise, there is a website known as tineye.com where you can upload an album cover and it will use reverse image lookup (computer vision, machine learning, neural networks etc) to identify what you have uploaded. Wishing you a lovely morning :relaxed:

2 Likes

Tuxedomoon - Half-Mute.

2 Likes

Gary Moore - After Hours.

14 Likes

The greatest debut album of all time, that’s what you’ve been missing…

6 Likes

Well, what I have been listening to tonight is a free concert put on for NHS staff by Gorillaz at the O2 in London. One of the best concerts I have ever been to, both for the show put on by Damon Albarn (2 and 1/2 hours) and the atmosphere in the arena - 20 000 people just partying for the whole concert - absolutely amazing. He is a brilliant and generous musician. I lost count of the number of guests who came on tonight but the highlights were:

Robert Smith

Hooky

Shaun Ryder

Little Simz

De La Soul

Utterly memorable and brilliant

13 Likes