What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Can | Rite Time | 1989
Opening up on this soggy evening with some great late Can.

5 Likes

Recorded around 1965 - still think this is great !!!
Ian Carr (t)
Don Rendell (s)
Colin Purbrook (p)
Dave Green (b)
Trevor Tomkins (d)

10 Likes

Santana - lll.

17 Likes

Most of the album due out early Sept.

5 Likes

Was at their first ever UK gig at the Roundhouse. Brilliant night.

1 Like

I was out with a friend last night who told me XTC were a huge influence on Blur. Hadn’t worked that out for myself and listening to some of their work today and now this evening of course he’s right. Anyway, this is a first press and it sounds superb

21 Likes

Flicking through the Music Room I was just thinking I see you often play some Sean Rowe but rarely, if ever, my favourite album of his, New Lore. And then I see this.

What an artist, what an album!

3 Likes

What do you follow Santana lll with ?

Santana lV, of course :sunglasses:

12 Likes

31 Likes

Cabaret Voltaire - Red Mecca.

2 Likes

2021 Summer Night Concert - The Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Daniel Harding. I watched this concert recently on the TV and thoroughly enjoyed it. I decided to buy the CD which contains:

Verdi - Sicilian opera
Rachmaninoff - Rhapsody On A Theme Of Paganini
Bernstein - Symphonic Dances from West Side Story
Elgar - Salut d’amour
Debussy - Prelude a l’apres-midi d’un faune
Holst - Jupiter (from the Planets)
Johann Strauss II - Wiener Blut.

Some of the above I was familiar with, but some was new to me. Giving it a first spin now and it’s very enjoyable.

5 Likes

It’s A3/B3 Tony (I’d never really paid much attention until you mentioned it). Unfortunately I don’t have the postcards or stickers (I bought it from the small ads in the local paper later in the 70’s).

23 Likes

Ry Cooder - Showtime, super live album capturing a great artist in full flow.

11 Likes

Highway Robbery - For Love or Money.

1 Like

Hi Lloyd, I was just curious and the only reason I asked is because you said it was an original vinyl. There are hundreds of variations but a mint copy with the poster, postcards and stickers is worth quite a small fortune these days. Having said that, what really matters is the music. Enjoy it!:sunglasses:

1 Like

On cd….

12 Likes

13 Likes

Gorillaz- Song Machine. Inspired by the phenomenal gig they played last night at the O2. One of standout songs was Desole with vocals by Fatoumata Diawara

10 Likes

Kate Bush - The Kick Inside.

Lots of drive and pizazz to go with the weirdness that is Kate Bush. Cracking album.

24 Likes

Third World War.

1 Like