What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

World Party Goodbye Jumbo, definitely one of my favourite albums.

19 Likes

Bill Evans - Another Time

A mention from Dan Steel in the Kabin had me selecting this recent discovery for another play.

9 Likes

Sean Rowe - 2010 Magic

Many thanks to this thread for the wonderful suggestions.

10 Likes

Inspired by @BlueCanary , the days listening is sorted.

6 Likes

41KL7xid9bL.AC_UY436_QL65
I found this in a charity shop last week and it is quite wonderful! I’m afraid I bored of her later ‘pop’ stuff and have only occasionally listened to later stuff. Her blues album and her latest album are worth a listen but this one, ‘What’s Inside’ is excellent.

6 Likes

Spin Doctors, Pocket Full of Kryptonite

10 Likes

Bill Evans at Montreux

Recorded 15 June 1968 at the Montreux Jazz Festival, with the same trio as above. It’s one of those mono recordings which sound deceptively stero.

7 Likes

Amy Helm - What The Flood Leaves Behind
Great Americana album from Levon’s daughter

9 Likes

Nev Cottee album from 2019,very laid back vibe,splendid.

2 Likes

Probably my favourite BE disc

Lisa Miller, car tape. Thanks heaps @Pete_the_painter for the suggestion. :blush::+1:

3 Likes

Gramps Morgan - Positive Vibration
This is a blinder and I’m not a huge lover of reggae, but this has become my favourite reggae album. Roy is one of 17 sons fathered by the legendary Jamaican reggae musician Denroy Morgan, surprisingly he had time for music after fathering at least 30 children!!

2 Likes

Pink fairies Kings of oblivion
album_large_15612o4e512968eb7f9

6 Likes

Steely Dan, Aja. Even more enjoyable now that I know a bit more about the band and meaning behind the songs. :blush:

22 Likes

ZZ Top - Goin’ 50
50 tracks that celebrated the 50th Anniversary of that legendary Lil’ Ol’ Band From Texas, RIP Dusty.

17 Likes

9 Likes

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever - Qobuz

Just having a browse on Qobuz and saw this which quite a few of you have posted. To my surprise it’s rather enjoyable.

Phil

8 Likes

Sarah Jarosz, undercurrent. :relaxed:

11 Likes

Our Man In The Field - “The Company Of Strangers” (2020) in September, touring the UK with Jerry Joseph

3 Likes

Starting off my ‘ping vacation’ with this (wife’s out for awhile…sadly, she’s emphatically not a fan!)

1962 original US. Still as vital as the day Ornette laid it down. With Don Cherry, Jimmy Garrison and Ed Blackwell.

And for those of us who like such stuff, the inner sleeve:

8 Likes