What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

All’s well thanks Alan, away with my best mate for a week, we would have been at Cropredy with other good friends if it hadn’t been cancelled again this year, but instead we’re relaxing in a cottage in the Midlands. Hope all’s well with you.

1 Like

CD - Metheny Group Productions Inc 2021 : )

<<>>

Happy Birthday Pat Metheny! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born on 12th August 1954 in Lee’s Summit, Missouri :us:

67 years old Today! :grinning:

15 Likes

Yes, everything’s fine thanks, my wife and daughter are visiting our friends in The Wirral at the mo, so plenty of time for lots of music. Glad that you have managed to get away with your friend ( plenty of good wine I assume ), so enjoy. Take care.

1 Like

Cara Dillon, wanderer. Awesome folk songs. Always put me in a good place. :relaxed:

12 Likes

Mike McGear.

2 Likes

Picture of the empties on the wine thread. We also brought a Muso Qb so we have listened to lots of music.

4 Likes

Pat Metheny Group Still Life (Talking) / 2011 Nonesuch / US CD / 799482

I was literally about to post this, as I was aware of PM’s birthday being today, and wanted to celebrate with this release. I now have 2 fine sounding CD versions with the 2011 US remaster edging it. I no longer have my LP copy as it was gifted a while ago but I fondly recall my first listen when I bought it way back in 1987, as it was my first PMG purchase.

My best friend and music buddy was with me at the time, so it was all fresh to us, and we were both amazed by the music and performance coming via my Sondek and naim system! Sadly, my friend passed away suddenly about 6 years ago, but the music of ‘Still Life Talking’ brings back that very good day.

16 Likes

I have many favourite Marvin Gaye tracks but this is the pick for me .

13 Likes

Jeff Beck nite…on headphones, natch.

Truth EMI Japan
Beck-Ola EMI 100

12 Likes

Louie and the Lovers - Rise.

3 Likes

The Frankie Miller Band - The Rock.

6 Likes

Detroit.

2 Likes

Creedence Clearwater Revival Cosmos Factory

20 Likes

Joe Walsh Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get

21 Likes

Joe Jackson Body and Soul

21 Likes

Midnight Oil Diesel and Dust.

12 Likes

Roxy Music, siren. Weekend here I come! :notes::blush:

17 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

Vilde Frang - Mozart: Violin Concertos Nos 1 & 5 / Sinfonia Concertante.

5 Likes