What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

A new collaborative album between the two called Raise The Roof is due out in November, as Raising Sand it has been produced by T Bone Burnett so should be worth the wait.

2 Likes

Thank you @seakayaker.

1 Like

Someone we know very well died of Covid this week. A lovely guy from Norway. Due to the power of Whatsapp, etc, lots of his friends from all round Europe raised a glass to him at 6.30 this evening. Thought we would play some Grieg tonight during our meal. Lovely stuff on CD…

R-10006165-1490023118-9506.jpeg

11 Likes

18 Likes

Just listened to this again for first time in a month or two.

Yep, it’s brilliant.

11 Likes

A little nostalgia and reminder of my first proper girlfriend who introduced me to this guy and a UK concert.

8 Likes

Odetta Sings Folk Songs.

5 Likes

Ry Cooder - Into The Purple Valley.

17 Likes

Hélène Grimaud, Brahms Concertos, Symphonie-Orchester Des Bayerischen Rundfunks, Wiener Philharmoniker, Andris Nelsons
2CD|2013

9 Likes

Back to The Source:

12 Likes

Now playing…

Robert Plant - Carry Fire

Robert Plant (Vocals), Justin Adams (Guitar, Oud), Liam “Skin” Tyson (Guitar), John Baggott (Keyboards), Billy Fuller (Bss Guitar), Dave Smith (Drums), Seth Lakeman (Viola, Fiddle), Redi Hasa (Cello) and Chrissie Hynde (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the afternoon with Robert and he is sounding mighty sweet! I have had not had this album out for a spin since earlier this year and really should see the light of day more often…

24 Likes

Leadbelly and the Golden Gate Quartet - The Midnight Special.
album_large_123660_59dfb60f28fac

8 Likes

The King takes care of business in the funkiest way imaginable on this superb 3-CD set:

13 Likes

Grace Jones Island Life / 2018 Island / Germany CD / 8424532

17 Likes

In memory of Nanci Griffith, she sadly passed away today.

11 Likes

Goldfrapp, supernature. Starting my Saturday morning down under with this fantastic album. :blush:

14 Likes

Very sad news. Loved her versions of From a Distance and Speed of the Sound of Loneliness. I always felt that she never got the credit or success she deserved. Lovely lady.

5 Likes

Nanci Griffith, other voices, other rooms. Very sad news indeed. Condolences to her family and the blue moon orchestra her band.

Love this intimate country folk album. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Nanci Griffith - One Fair Summer Evening
CD|1988

Live at Anderson Fair, Houston, Texas 19th and 20th August 1988. Sad news of her passing.

12 Likes

Nanci Griffith, love and the five and dime. She was an awesome story teller.

8 Likes