What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Finland eh… I’d never had guessed. Nice.

1 Like

Vinyl…

3 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Tracker.

16 Likes

Nothing like a bit of Zep on SHM CD, is there?

24 Likes

11 Likes

Tidal Masters. Sounds pretty darn good…

14 Likes

cover

11 Likes

This is even better than Moon Safari.

8 Likes

Ry Cooder, e prodigal son. :relaxed:

17 Likes

Carrie Underwood, my savior. The prodigal son made me want to follow with this one. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Nanci Griffith, a handful of dust (live 1988). The classic 1988 Westwood one London broadcast. Given she is such good story teller, I have been wanting to play this. Awesome indeed although I could do without the radio announcement bits. :blush:

8 Likes

<<>>

Marin Marais passed away on this day in 1728

…little of Marin Marais’ personal life is known after he reached adulthood. Marin Marais married a Parisian, Catherine d’Amicourt, on 21 September 1676. They had 19 children together.

We can guess much of their personal life at the time before television was invented :blush:

10 Likes

Nanci Griffith, the very best of, from a distance. Live 1998 was so nice I couldn’t help playing this as well. Lovely collection and has the famous story about Woolworth and her friend Mary. :relaxed:

8 Likes

Kacey MusGraves, same trailer different park. :blush:

15 Likes

Mary Chapin Carpenter, stones in the road. :notes::cowboy_hat_face:

15 Likes

Alison Kraus and union station, lonely runs both ways. Sweet & sublime. :relaxed:

17 Likes

Regina Spektor, what we saw from the cheap seats. Thanks heaps @patk for the mention. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Chris Anderson + Sabina Sciubba
You Don’t Know What Love Is / 1998 naim / Austria CD / naimcd030

5 Likes

Boz Scaggs, dig. Obviously very different marketing strategy compared with Roxy Music. :joy: Made me look how old this album is. Originally released in 2001, re-released by concord in 2020. :joy:

11 Likes

Most sources list the date as the 13th. Per the NY Times obit, her management company said It was Nanci’s wish that no further formal statement or press release happen for a week following her passing.