What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

To start the day…

David Bowie - 2016 Blackstar

15 Likes

Supertramp - Breakfast in America

Well, Wiltshire actually. At least we can have hot tea!

25 Likes

Had avoided him so far for no reason. A decent good sounding performance…

3 Likes

Continuing the journey

4 Likes

Durand Jones & The Indications

8 Likes

Pete La Roca - Basra

From the BN80 series. Superb record. As my Karousel/Kandid approach ten months since being installed, I reckon this must be about the 60th record played. Nonetheless, it’s still sounding pretty good.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Playing the Piano

First listen of my new CD after I heard one track, Nostalgia, on FM R3 one morning a fortnight ago.

A friend once described the sound of Rachel Grimes’ piano playing through his n-SATS as ‘luminous’. Without knowing exactly what he meant, this sounds the same! In a good way.

4 Likes

Who’s Next

Fifty years old today, apparently. What a masterpiece!

22 Likes

Nightwish, vehicle of spirit, live at Wimbley 2015. Awesome. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Loreena McKennitt - The Visit
Excellent sounding and pressing
On Vinyl

12 Likes

Nice recording of the pieces, with the violin good in the forefront

3 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire Spirit / 2012 Columbia / Japan Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / SICP20357

12 Likes

Now Playing…

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Miles Davis (Trumpet), Cannonball Adderley (Alto Saxophone), Paul Chambers (Bass, Double Bass), Jimmy Cobb (Drums), John Coltrane (Tenor Saxophone), Bill Evans (Piano) and Wynton Kelly (Piano)

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)…… kicking off this Sunday morning with Miles’s ‘Kind of Blue’ album and he and the band are sounding sublime! …one very sweet album.

21 Likes

Enjoying this album. Ta for the heads-up.

1 Like

Now playing…

Matthew Halsall - Sending My Love (Special Edition)

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet ), Gavin Barras (Double Bass), Jon Thorne (Double Bass), Gaz Hughes (Drums), Roger Wickham (Flute, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Adam Fairhall (Piano) and Nat Birchall (Soprano Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Matthew and his fabulous band and they are sounding sublime! One very fine album…

7 Likes

On Vinyl:-

Frank Sinatra - Songs For Young Lovers

10 Likes

Now playing…

Matthew Halsall & The Gondwana Orchestra - Into Forever

Matthew Halsall (Trumpet), Lisa Mallett (Flute), Rachael Gladwin (Harp), Keiko Kitamura (Koto), Taz Modi (Piano), Gavin Barras (Bass), Luke Flowers (Drums), Sam Bell (Percussion) Chris Cruiks (percussion on tracks 4, 6, 7), Margit Van Der Zwan (Cello), Natalie Purton (Viola, Violin), John Purton (Violin on tracks 1,2 & 11), Jote Osahn (Violin on tracks 3, 5, 6 and 7), Ollie Izod (Violin on track 5), Josephine Oniyama (Vocals on tracks 1-10) and Bryony Jarman-Pinto (Vocals on track 11).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this morning with Matthew and The Gondwana Orchestra and they are sounding superb! Fantastic music and one very sweet album…

6 Likes

8 Likes