What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Quite enjoying this one so far

Talk about a double bill - not often that you get two of what are for me top 10 artists on one ticket.

6 Likes

Ron Miles - Rainbow Sign

This has been played by a number of Kabineers, so I thought I’d better check it out. I’m glad I did. It features Bill Frisell on guitar and his regular bassist, Thomas Morgan.

6 Likes

Steely Dan - Everything Must Go

18 Likes

Jazz the the philharmonic complete box set 10 cds and booklet. I picked it up at my local
Record shop.

1 Like

6 Likes

Great. Listening to this right now. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

It is interesting to hear how this album evolves into Moon Safari.

1 Like

Max Richter - Exiles. I just can’t get enough of Richter’s music.

3 Likes

Weekend visitors have gone - love em to bits but it’s so knackering! Time for some relaxing Jazz 'arp. Brandee Younger Somewhere Different Tidal streaming. Hmmm - at its best it’s a spiritual jazz/soul/RnB mash up but too often veers into smooth jazz territory.

Getting set for a session in the cabin and have Sade, This Far box set and Bloc Party, Intimacy remix and Hymns under my arm.

1 Like

You have good taste.

1 Like

Started with Hymns

And I’ll raise a glass to the legend that is Gerd Muller, played many a youth game wearing Adidas GM hat trick boots, a boot as classy as the player , RIP, legend player.

4 Likes

Not played this in a while……two great composers

16 Likes

2 x LP - Blue Note 2014 : )

David Sanborn - saxophone
Bobby Hutcherson - vibes
Joey DeFrancesco - organ, trumpet
Billy Hart - drums

Recorded at Ocean Way Studios, Hollywood CA

Album Released on June 24, 2014 via the Blue Note label and was Hutcherson’s final studio album released before his death on 15th August 2016

Highly recommended vinyl, superbly recorded and mixed by Frank Wolf and Wesley Seidman, excellently mastered by Bernie Grundman

Bobby Hutcherson 1941-2016 who passed away five years ago today

8 Likes

An artist who is very much missed ! Thankfully, he recorded lots of great things.

1 Like

Television - Marquee Moon

Happy recall of a university flatshare, nearly forty years ago.

4 Likes

Just Steve Winwood playing all instruments, with some backing vocals by Nicole Winwood.

15 Likes

Bobby Hutcherson ‎Happenings / 1986 Blue Note / Japan CD No Obi / CP325217

Respect to the great BH.

Vibraphone Bobby Hutcherson
Piano Herbie Hancock
Bass Bob Cranshaw
Drums Joe Chambers

7 Likes

Imelda May, 11 past the hour. My fav is life love flesh blood but saving that for later may be. Let’s give this one a spin. :relaxed:

7 Likes