What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Elvis Costello & Allen Toussaint - The River in Reverse

Allen Toussaint (Horn Arrangements, Piano, Electric Piano, Vocals, Wurlitzer Piano), Carl Blouin (Baritone Saxophone), Amadee Castenell, Jr. (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Brian “Breeze” Cayolle (Baritone Saxophone), Elvis Costello (Acoustic, Guita, (Electric Guitar, Hammond B3, Hammond organ, Tambourine, Tremolo, Vocals), The Crescent City Horns (Horns(, Davey Faragher (Bass, Vocals) and Steve Nieve (Clavinet, Farfisa Organ, Hammond Organ, Piano).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… it has been some time since I last played ‘The River In Reverse’ and Elvis and Allen are sounding sublime! …one fine album to kick off this Tuesday morning with some fantastic music, piano, horns, all in all a very nice way to kick off this hazy & lazy morning!

12 Likes

Now playing…

Mathias Eick - Ravensburg)

Mathias Eick (Trumpet, Voice), Håkon Aase (Violin), Andreas Ulvo (Piano), Audun Erlien (Electric Bass), Torstein Lofthus (Drums) and Helge Andreas Norbakken (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this morning with Mathias and this talented sextet and they are sounding sublime! …another album that has not been out for a spin for awhile, and it is quite enjoyable… so much music and so little time.

3 Likes

Bill Wyman | The Best of Bill and his Rhythm Kings | CD 1 of 2 | 2016
Because I just fancied listening to Je Suis Un Rock Star which always puts a smile on the 'arl grid…

4 Likes

Eric Burdon & The Animals - The Twain Shall Meet.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Rachael & Vilray - Rachael & Vilray

Rachael Price (Vocals), Vilray Price (Guitar, Vocals), Jon Batiste (Piano), Akie Bermiss (Piano), Jason Burger (Drums), Joe McDonough (Trombone), Jon-Erik Kellso (Trumpet), Mark Lopeman (Tenor Saxophone), Tony Scherr (Bass, Upright Bass), Alec Spiegelman (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Alto Flute, Wind) and Jacob Zimmerman (Clarinet, Horn Arrangements, Alto Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… a recommendation from my daughter and enjoying this 2019 release from Rachael & Vilray and they are sounding sublime! A blurb from their website: “met in Boston as students of Jazz. This duo grew from a shared reverence for the pop music of the 1930s and 40s and its wide range of moods. With simple intimate arrangements, they perform original works and revive forgotten gems of radio’s golden age.” Lovely music and vocals and they will certainly get your toes tapping…

3 Likes

I like Joe B. a lot too. Does seem he’s doing more producing nowadays. He has some of the best hands playing blues but it’s usually not his own creation. I consider Joe a Blues interpreter, rather than a true blues artist. Check out Joanne Shaw Taylor. She’s good friends with Joe, he produces for her and she can play a guitar as well as any man out there. Her album White Sugar is premo. But look at her YouTube videos. She really let’s loose! Into solid blues guitar solos. Must see TV.

1 Like

Slim Harpo - Best of (The Excello Records).

Some excellent swamp blues from Mr. Moore … my, but this guy could groove.

9 Likes

Arthur Brown’s Kingdom Come - Galactic Zoo Dossier.

1 Like

Now playing…

Wayne Horvitz and Sweeter Than The Day - A Walk in the Dark

Wayne Horvitz (Piano), Timothy Young (Electric Guitar), Keith Lowe (Contrabass) and Eric Eagle (Drums).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with Wayne and this fabulous quartet and they are sounding mighty sweet! …another album that has not been out for a spin for awhile…

2 Likes

Nothing like a bit of the Frapp to cheer you up when you’ve been in a bad mood:

13 Likes

Takács Quartet - Bartók String Quartet #5

10 Likes

Sibelius. Karelia Suite. Vinyl. £2 from Charity Shop this morning. Enjoying.

JEAN_SIBELIUS_KARELIA+SUITE++LEMMINKAINEN+SUITE-700662

14 Likes

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon ( 30th Anniversary ) on sacd. First play of this new acquisition, bought on the recommendation of @Lorro1 and it sounds great. Cheers Lorro :+1:.

24 Likes

Stephen Duffy _ I Love My Friends

The former Lilac Time man is an underrated tunesmith.

3 Likes

Birth Control - Hoodoo Man.

2 Likes

More of The Frapp. this time, Silver Eye.

12 Likes

Sade Stronger Than Pride / 2000 Epic / EU CD / 5005972

20 Likes

Going to bed… Good night all.

Pat Metheny - 2020 From This Place

11 Likes

Embryo - Rocksessions.

3 Likes