What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Delbert McClinton and Self-Made Men + Dana - Tall, Dark & Handsome
Swinging Texas Blues with a hint of Smokey Jazz.

5 Likes

Kraftwerk trans Europe express

12 Likes

11 Likes

Norah Jones, the fall. It’s 8:42pm down under and both wife and I are still working. Sad life. Need to play something fun to keep spirit up. This one comes to mind. :relaxed:

18 Likes

Just picked up 6 good condition bits of Classical Vinyl for £10 from a Charity shop. First up some LVB. Sounds lovely.

6 Likes

Rymden are a fine Scandinavian style jazz 3 piece made up of the 2 surviving members of EST plus the keyboards of Bugge Wesseltoft. Superb. If you liked EST then give these a spin.

1 Like

Imelda May, life love flesh blood. Pulling out the big guns to lift happy energy. I love this album. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Earth Wind & Fire Open Our Eyes / 2012 Sony / Japan Blu-spec CD / Paper Sleeve / SICP20353

7 Likes

HMV mono, still sounding beautiful…

Bit of romanticism to lull a dull-weather day.

3 Likes

Sonny Clark Trio Sonny Clark Trio / 2002 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724353377427

Second play after arriving yesterday, and an excellent new addition to the collection.

Sonny Clark Piano
Paul Chambers Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

5 Likes

Joni Mitchell - The Hissing of Summer Lawns.

I discovered this in the summer of 1981, quite a few years after it was released. It’s an album I’ve listened to consistently since then (as I have much of Joni Mitchell’s output). Not sure whether my ‘relation’ to it is through the imagery from the songs or the memories of my life while listening to it anymore!

27 Likes

Madonna, self titled album. Going to be the last album for the evening down under. More childhood memories with Madonna’s debut album in 1983. :blush:

6 Likes

Str4ta - Aspects

1 Like

Emerson String Quartet - Bartók String Quartet #5

10 Likes

Now playing-

16 Likes

Never listened to any of his stuff until now - rather good!

9 Likes

Near-synchronicity…playing it here too.

20 Likes

Television marquee moon
Marquee_moon_album_cover

13 Likes

17 Likes

The Police Synchronicity… nearer here :sunglasses:

policesynchronicity

16 Likes