What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I was playing the last live track of dreamin from the waste……bass was awesome👍

3 Likes

“Thunderfingers” indeed :+1:

3 Likes

Elton John - Madman Across the Water.

18 Likes

I just discovered the band Gossip this week, only to find they’ve split already. Music for Men is brilliant. Loved every song on it.

Kamasi Washington Harmony Of Difference / 2017 Young Turks / UK CD / YTCD171

5 Likes

However this to me is so much better:

6 Likes

Fleetwood Mac.

19 Likes

Bob James Grand Piano Canyon / 1990 Warner / US CD / 9262562

Chris Hunter Alto Saxophone
Roger Rosenberg Baritone Saxophone
Andy Snitzer, Michael Brecker Tenor Saxophone
Randy Brecker, Jon Faddis Trumpet
Nathan East, Gary King, Abraham Laboriel Bass
Lee Ritenour, Dean Brown, Eric Gale Guitar
Paulinho Da Costa, Leonard “Doc” Gibbs Percussion
Harvey Mason Drums

4 Likes

Van Morrison - Beautiful Vision, classic Van The Man.

15 Likes

DJ Spoony on R2, after a shift. Mellow.

1 Like

Ramsey Lewis The Electric Collection / 1991 Columbia / Austria CD / 4679032

2 Likes

Christian McBride Big Band - For Jimmy, Wes and Oliver.

11 Likes

Now playing…

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Roger Waters (Bass Guitar, Tape Effects, VCS 3 Synthesizer, Vocals), David Gilmour (Guitar, VCS 3 Synthesizer, Vocals), Lesley Duncan (Vocals), Nick Mason (Percussion, Tape Effects), [D-ick Parry (Saxophone), Barry St. John (Vocals), Liza Strike (Vocals), Clare Torry (Vocals), Doris Troy (Vocals) and Richard Wright (Keyboards, VCS 3 Synthesizer, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… returning from a day on the road with my wife getting some blueberries and produce from a farm stand, then off to our favorite book store up in Anacotes and then down to Whidbey Island for lunch and a walk along Ebey’s Landing beach and around to Fort Casey. A beautiful day clear and sunny with a cool sea breeze most of the day and views of the Cascade and Olympic Mountain ranges! Simply gorgeous so sitting down with a bowl of blueberries and visiting the ‘Dark Side of the Moon’ and it is sounding absolutely sweet! …a lovely day and now a lovely trip down memory lane…

31 Likes

Joey Alexander Eclipse / 2018 Motéma / US CD / MTM0271

Joey Alexander Piano
Reuben Rodgers Bass
Eric Harland Drums
Joshua Redman Saxophone - 3 tracks

2 Likes

Her Proms concert is on the Beeb on Friday. :yum:

2 Likes

Cheers, Badger. VCR set!:sunglasses:

This Is What I Live For ,by Blue October. Bought this yesterday,didn’t realise it existed,I have all there albums,truly great band,although judging by the lyrics it sounds like Justin Furstenfeld has his old problems back. Such a well recorded album by the way,real depth to the bass.

2 Likes

Hobgood + Torff + Wertico State Of The Union / 1999 naim / Austria CD / naimcd038

Laurence Hobgood Piano
Brian Torff Bass
Paul Wertico Drums

3 Likes

Being a fan of Post Modern Jukebox and Morgan James my YouTube feed suggested I re-listen to their version of ‘Dream On’ again (and again and again)

I thought I should really listen to the Aerosmith original.
Now, I must admit that I originally came to know Aerosmith in the 90’s through their often played “Love in a elevator” etc

It came as a shock to learn that Dream On was originally released as a single in 1973 and released in 1975.
For no other reason than why not

Aerosmith- Live Bootleg

Some great tunes and given my personal history with the band I wasn’t expecting I Ain’t Got You and Mother Popcorn

7 Likes

Donald Fagen - The Nightfly
Looking forward to the 24th September release of the live recording.

27 Likes