What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

New artist for me…….sounding pretty good

4 Likes

Before, a good performance

5 Likes

First run, special piano music

6 Likes

Desire Marea - Desire

Beautiful and thrilling music from South Africa. Try the song You Think I’m Horny. Rotten title, but a tender, innovative gem.

2 Likes

Qobuz has this under folk for some reason, cant understand that. An acoustic Leonard cohen maybe?

3 Likes

Johnny Winter.

8 Likes

I still think it’s the best deep purple studio album. There I said it… :sunglasses:

1 Like

3 Likes

Perfection!

7 Likes

Jimi Hendrix ‎– Machine Gun: The Fillmore East First Show 12/31/1969
Hybrid SACD|2016

13 Likes

Fabulous 1971 album by the great War. This is from the RSD vinyl box set of last month. On silver vinyl, mastered by Gil Tamazyan, it sounds excellent.

8 Likes

Always liked her voice, sings well on this album

11 Likes

Taj Mahal - Giant Step/De Ole Folks at Home.

13 Likes

I heard that Jerry Joseph album recently and thought it was very good. I hadn’t heard of him before either.

1 Like

Now playing…

Charles Lloyd & The Marvels - Tone Poem

Charles Lloyd (Saxophon), Bill Frisell (Guitar), Greg Leisz (Pedal Steel Guitar), Reuben Rogers (Bass) and Eric Harland (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with the third release from Charles Lloyd and the Marvels and they are sounding sublime! Love all three of the album and do hope this quintet can produce a couple of more albums, they are simply fantastic…

12 Likes

More War, first released in late '72 and extracted from the excellent 2021 vinyl box.

This was the biggest selling album of 1973 in America. You can understand why everyone bought it – it’s absolutely fantastic, combining soul, blues, latin, funk and psych with great tunes, superb musicianship and a sense of political urgency. A true classic.

12 Likes

6 Likes

I bought this War RSD vinyl box set as well, but frustratingly I’ve not been able to listen to it as the HiFi is packed away while some home renovations are carried out. Anyway, I’m glad to hear the vinyl sounds good.

1 Like

Champion Jack Dupree - Blues from the Gutter.

6 Likes