What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Elliott Murphy & Iain Matthews - La Terre Commune

3 Likes

My favourite Camel album, some beautiful guitar playing by Andrew Latimer.

11 Likes

Villagers new album Fever Dreams

5 Likes

The Life Aquatic Studio Sessions ft. Seu Jorge

Acoustic Bowie sung in Portuguese. Perfect for this time of day. Perfect for Bowie nuts too.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Layla Revisited - Tedeschi Trucks Band ft. Trey Anastasio

Now that I’m awake! Saturday morning on a day off, is there a better time of the week?!

9 Likes

Santana Moonflower / 2003 Columbia / Austria CD x2 / 5111312

@AlanP gave this a play yesterday, so it moved up to the top of today’s playlist. I had the Double LP on release, then later the US CD. I have recently bought the excellent remaster by Vic Anesini.

20 Likes

Elton John - Honky Chateau

19 Likes

Enjoying this, good album. Can’t help thinking what it would have sounded like with Freddie on vocals though.

6 Likes

If you want your system to breath to the edges give this a try

1 Like

Listened to this yesterday for the first time in years! Good album but sounds a little bit dated now.

1 Like

Yes - Relayer

Prompted by seeing another reply from @Harry on the SW remixes thread, I’m playing the 96kHz, 24 bit version of the original mix, which as Harry says is the best thing about the remix packages. I have several versions of this album on vinyl, CD and DVD as I’ve tried over the years (since the late ‘70s) to hear what’s going on in the opening track, The Gates of Delirium. It’s one of those pieces which has so much going on that it can be difficult to discern the detail. I’m pleased to say that I’m now enjoying another level of clarity with the EE8 switch in the circuit.

14 Likes

Paul haslinger exit ghost 11

My partner and i dancing to Barry Manilow from our lovely n-Sats on this grey Saturday morning. They simply make our day every single day! Wonderful stuff! :rofl: :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Glad to hear it Clive. I was wondering who the other Relayer fan was!

Relayer is my favourite Yes Album and for most of my life I have wondered how much information is actually on TGOD and if I would ever get to hear it in all its scary glory. Can’t say if I’ve made it to that point - probably not. But the SW remix has got me much closer than I’ve ever been. I’m not so keen on the side 2 remixes but as ever, the flat transfer comes to the rescue.

One of the things (I believe) I have found with HighRes material is that if it is done right, it can deliver higher clarity and detail in dense, complicated material. So classical and prog rock are good candidates. Naim is a vital link for its musical communication and timing, because you get the full force of the wave coming towards you, as opposed to the aural equivalent of a dissection that leaves the innards all over the place.

Morning Geoff, ditto the lp for me, great pressing. I am more than pleased with my early cd, but I must say nearly everything I have with the Legacy imprint on Columbia sound very good. So maybe one to look out for. Cheers.

1 Like

11 Likes

On CD:-

Bill Evans Trio - Explorations

11 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers, no better way to start the day in a very wet N. Yorks than with the six note blast of the opening riff of " Brown Sugar " :guitar:

26 Likes

The latest Night Dreamer disc and Anatolian Sun pt2 by Mogollar. Brilliant

1 Like