What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

3 Likes

The Beatles, Abbey Road. I don’t listen to Beatles all that much. Of course there are tunes that I absolutely love like here comes the sun, yesterday, in my life and more. But usually albums are patchy interlaced with ones awesome songs along with others not so much. The movie Yesterday is making me give it a good listen. Welcome suggestions please. Thanks! :pray:

18 Likes

Fruupp - The Prince of Heaven’s Eyes.

2 Likes

Was this prompted by the remix played on Huey on 6Music today? Brilliant version

Billie Elish, when we all fall asleep, where do we go? I have never listened to this album back to back. Let’s give it a spin. I just learned that the click click sound in Bad Guy is actually taken from Melbourne pedestrian crossing sound signal. Intriguing! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Fourplay - Between The Sheets, something smooth to finish the day.

8 Likes

An evening of Barclay James Harvest, using a playlist of my favourite tracks from their first album up to Octoberon.

Finishing with my all-time favourite “The Poet/After The Day”.

You can’t top that - In My not-so-Humble Opinion!!! (I saw them do it with the Halle Orchestra back in the early ‘70s - the word “awesome” doesn’t do it justice)

Edit: I didn’t finish with TP/ATD after all. I just got another glass of Scotch and put the system on “play all”…….currently one of my live versions of Medicine Man! This could be a long night :slight_smile:

6 Likes

No, just pure coincidence. I was going to listen to Jesus Mary Chain and for some reason I remembered that Gillespie was on the band and ended up listening to this instead. You did ask!:sunglasses:

1 Like

Alan Hull - Pipedream.

8 Likes

Kacey MusGraves, golden hour. Thank you @Debs for the reminder! Happy birthday Kacey! Love your work. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

Scott Fagan - South Atlantic Blues.

1 Like

Now playing…

Fink - IIUII (IT ISN’T UNTIL IT IS)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… a mention from @Steve_S above had me find IIUII on Qobuz and put it in the queue and now taking out for a spin and Fink is sounding sublime! Already had to re-play ‘Warm Shadow’ a second time because the song sounded so good on the first pass… Enjoying this one and looking forward to the rest of the album!

6 Likes

I must be listening to the wrong Beatles albums, I find them one of the most consistent bands ever. While it’s true there’s the odd filler a Beatle filler would make everyone else’s first cut. Good thing we’re all individuals :grin:

4 Likes

She’s a ray of sunshine.

1 Like

The Beatles, rubber soul. Thanks @Pete_the_painter , exactly why I was after some suggestions. Rubber soul I somehow find more consistent and awesome. :relaxed:

23 Likes

Revolver, Help and A Hard Days Night are great albums. They were touring, making movies and putting out an album out about every 8 months and they didn’t contain any singles on the albums their quality and quantity was incredible.

6 Likes

Thanks @Pete_the_painter , rubber soul I love from beginning to the end. Songs like “you never give me money” and “I want you” for examples in Abbey Road have yet to grow on me. :sweat_smile:

Thank you for the suggestions! Will definitely listen. Have an awesome Sunday. :blush:

2 Likes

Nancy Sinatra, start walkin’ 1965-1976. :relaxed:

13 Likes

Ali Farka Toure with Ry Cooder Talking Timbuktu

22 Likes

Anna Tivel - Small Believer
CD|2017

Enjoyable folk album.

7 Likes