What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Saturday morning with music from Dwight and Nicole and they are sounding mighty fine!

Dwight and Nicole are musicians listed on the New England Music Awards Nominees for this year. A note from their website: “Dwight & Nicole is an American indie-soul band fronted by Dwight Ritcher & Nicole Nelson. Ritcher and Nelson met in Boston when they were both just out of school and cutting their teeth on the local club scene. They discovered a shared love of classic blues greats like Albert King and Lighting Hopkins, covering songs by their vocal heroes Mavis Staples, Jimmy Witherspoon and Etta James. All the while obsessing over writing, and honing their own original music.”

The New England Music Awards 2021 Preview podcast can be heard at https://959watd.com/almost-famous-with-john-shea/.

1 Like

Supertramp - Crisis? What Crisis?

16 Likes

The Blue Nile - A Walk Across The Rooftops.

16 Likes

Jethro Tull - Benefit.

9 Likes

Not quite to the standard of Aja and Gaucho but still a good listen.

10 Likes

After looking at my collection of music I have amassed over 50 years or there abouts I have decided to undertake what I believe to be a once in a lifetime undertaking of listening to everything in my collection.
So starting today it’s
100 Essential Pieces Of Classical Music
10 hours worth
I do intend to complete this task I have no idea how long this will last but I hope I live to the end

5 Likes

Fink | IIUII - (It Isn’t Until It Is) | 2021
The Finksters new one, sounding mighty fine.

7 Likes

Best of luck! That could be a mammoth undertaking.

1 Like

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats.

8 Likes

Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Lost Trident Sessions

What should have been the band’s third album. Instead, owing to disagreement between McLaughlin and Hammer, they released a live version, Between Nothingness and Eternity. The studio album is IMHO better than the second album, Birds of Fire.

8 Likes

2 Likes

Sitting hear listening to this Steven Wilson remix, sounds pretty good. Read an interview of how he does his work and how he can be limited by record or management companies not wanting to convert all the tapes to digital.

21 Likes

ABBA - The Album - WAV CD rip
One of the greatest pop bands ever, Benny and Bjorn wrote great songs with superb arrangements, and they sang them so well. Thank you for the music.

17 Likes

Klaus Schulze - Irrlicht.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Live at Woodstock - WAV CD rip
The masters of swamp rock putting in a storming performance at the legendary festival. Some great rock songs, some great guitar work, keep on choogling.

11 Likes

5 Likes

Art Blakey - Free For All
Neil Young - On The Beach
Echo & The Bunnymen - Ocean Rain
Mink Deville - Cabretta

All vinyl.

4 Likes

Boz Scaggs - Memphis.

14 Likes

Spirogyra - Old Boot Wine.

3 Likes