What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

BBC proms , Simon Rattle LSO Stravinsky.

6 Likes

Saw them live at Fry Club Somerdale on the 21st of November 1974 the date of my 21st Birthday they were fantastic.

1 Like

Pink Floyd - The Wall - 1st press vinyl
A fantastic album, powerful poignant songs, intense performances, a classic. It came out just before my 16th birthday, a few years later I took my copy to a student party in my hall at college and it was trashed. I replaced it 2 or 3 years ago with this copy, and despite the 35+ year gap I knew every song perfectly.

27 Likes

Newly acquired CD’s from Curtis Mayfield collection ripped and being enjoyed as I type.

13 Likes

4 Likes

Nivana. Unplugged. 1994. CD. Always enjoyable.

Unplugged though, it was not. Most instruments plugged into amps and with effects pedals.

I believe the only completely acoustic Unplugged was McCartney’s.

Nirvana_mtv_unplugged_in_new_york

19 Likes

8 Likes

George Benson - Walking To New Orleans, his tribute to Chuck Berry and Fats domino.

13 Likes

Fairport Convention - The Quiet Joys of Brotherhood -WAV CD rip
Selections from Fairport’s sets at the 1986/1987 Cropredy Festivals, when they were still largely reunions for the old members to get together with the reformed lineup and friends/guests. Great run through early Fairport tracks and a reminder of how many top class musicians played with them, Richard Thompson and Jerry Donahue on guitar, Dave Swarbrick on violin, Iain Matthews on vocals. Really enjoyable folk rock performances by top class musicians, and a nostalgia trip for me, a 20-something Eoink was in the field both years. June Tabor does a chilling version of Sandy Denny’s John the Gun on this.

11 Likes

I have listened to this a few times during the last week. I think I prefer the songs stripped down like this.

1 Like

Having done a few tracks from:

I have moved on to:

OK, I’ll come out of the closet as an inveterate ‘70s Prog Rocker!

23 Likes

Neil Diamond - Home Before Dark.

17 Likes

Continuing with the genre:

11 Likes

Dylan Slow Train Coming

11 Likes

We’ve lost a lot of seminal artists over the past few years.

Phil and Don, thanks for the music.

.sjb

8 Likes

Thought I’d give this a listen and make up my own mind, have to agree with Tony I have no idea what the cover is meant to achieve.

Lorde Solar Power

4 Likes

I much prefer this Lord(e), Lord Huron Strange Trails

4 Likes

Apparently she said in an interview “It was just me jumping over a friend on the beach… It’s a little hardcore, but it was so joyful to me. It felt innocent and playful and a little bit feral,”

OK…

4 Likes

Ha well at least it gets click bait :grin:

1 Like