What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

London Grammar - Californian Soil
CD|2021

16 Likes

Mekons - Honky Tonkin’ - WAV CD rip
Sticking with the Mekons, another slice of mid-‘80s punk-country-folk brilliance. Maybe a bit more melodic than Fear and Whiskey, but keeping the same social commitment, complexity, rawness, chaos, vocal excellence.

3 Likes

Funkadelic - Maggot Brain.

7 Likes

Taj Mahal, his eponymous debut from '68 still sounds fresh and is superbly recorded. Stellar six string backing from Jesse Edwin Davis and Ryland Cooder as they were formally known back then. Brilliant.

17 Likes

Trader Horne - Morning Way - WAV CD rip
Mellowing down after the Mekons, with this lovely slice of acid-psychedelic-folk. Beautiful hippy-folky songs, superbly sung and played. The lead vocalist on this, Judy Dyble, died about a year ago, RIP Jude.

3 Likes

Cymande.

4 Likes

One of my favourite bands from my youth and probably the most enduring. Try not tapping your feet to this , I sure can’t :blush:.

11 Likes

A while since I played any Clannad. This is one of their better ones IMHO.

8 Likes

Boney M. - Take the Heat off Me.

2 Likes

Willie Nelson - Red Headed Stranger - WAV CD rip
Outlaw country at its best, a haunting concept album with pared down sparse arrangements, superb playing, and Willie pulling every meaning and emotion from the words.

9 Likes

I keep playing tracks from this. Lizz has a very special voice.

12 Likes

Getting late - time for some Cowboy Junkies. Pale Sun Crescent Moon on CD. For me the first time they found their own voice away from beautifully done but rather generic alt-country. Oh Margo you can sing to me for ever!

9 Likes

Now playing…

Afro Celt Sound System - Volume 3: Further In Time

Demba “Shadowman” Barry (Vocals), Nigel Eaton (Hurdygurdy), Simon Emmerson (Bouzouki, Drum Programming, Guitar, Mandolin), John Fortis (Bass), [Johnny Kalsi (Drums, Percussion, Tabla), Sunil Kalyan (Tabla), Nawazish Ali Khan (Violin), N’Faly Kouyate (Balafon, Kora, Vocals), Peter Lockett (Percussion), Joel “The Octopus” Mass (Keyboard Programming), Emer Mayock (Flute, Uillean Pipes), James McNally (Accordion, Bodhran, Drum Programming, Harmonica, Harmonium, Keyboards, Low Whistle, Piano, String Arrangements, Whistle Human, Whistle Instrument), Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh (Fiddle), Iarla Ó Lionáird (Vocals), Liam O’Flynn (Uillean Pipes), Robert Plant (Vocals), Hossam Ramzy (Percussion), Martin Russell (Keyboards, String Arrangements), Moussa Sissikho (Djembe, Drums), Ciarán Tourish (Fiddle) and Rosie Wetters (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @Simon-in-Suffolk on the Folk Music thread regarding ‘Afro Celt Sound System’ had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and they are sounding mighty fine! Enjoying the music and look forward to the rest of the album…

7 Likes

Noticed an ad on local tv about this, any good?

1 Like

I’ve loved his last 2 albums apparently there’s a 3rd on the way as well.

1 Like

Don’t why but I just felt starting a Tuesday with Barry Whites Collection

9 Likes

George Benson Breezin’

16 Likes

6 Likes

Antonio Forcione Live ! / 2000 naim / Austria CD / naimcd054

15 Likes

Currently enjoying the new David Crosby “For Free” album. He turned 80 last week and is still knocking out terrific music. Three stand out tracks I think, River Rise, Rodrigues for a night and For free. The vinyl is released next month.

13 Likes