What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I think I’ll join you. One of England’s finest singer-songwriters.

2 Likes

The Black Keys - Delta Kream
CD|2021

17 Likes

Yep I agree, Clive. This is such a beautiful album that allows her songs and voice to do their thing, what a tragic early death from a brain haemorrhage at just thirty one.

1 Like

5 Likes

Anouar Brahem - Blue Maqams

Anouar Brahem (Oud), Dave Holland (Double Bass), Jack DeJohnette (Drums) and Django Bates (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz… continuing on this morning with Anouar’s ‘Blue Maqams’ and, as usual, Anouar and the rest of the quartet is sounding sublime! It has been a few months since I last gave this a spin and it is one sweet album…

8 Likes

Humble Pie - Street Rats.

5 Likes

Gregg Allman | Laid Back | 1973
His fabulous debut solo album, wonderful stuff.

11 Likes

Having been very impressed with Big Colors, thought I’d try this. A quiet thoughtful set this, one of those albums that needs to be listened to properly to be appreciated. Love the cover too!

6 Likes

7 Likes

Yola - Stand For Myself
CD|2021

4 Likes

Babe Ruth - First Base.

4 Likes

Sunjay - Devil Came Calling - WAV CD rip
Excellent blues singing from the mid-West, Stourbridge to be precise. Sunjay’s songs have great sense of drive, he sings them really well and his guitar work is sensitive and stylish. Fine stuff.

1 Like

His Bobness 1969 Nashville Skyline…

15 Likes

Staying with Tetzlaff as the former album was a delight…

4 Likes
8 Likes

Another great random album extension pick.

NORDUB. The title says it all. Sly and Robbie with avant garde jazz trumpeter Nils Petter Molvaer.

.sjb

2 Likes

Some great live recordings on this album

23 Likes

The Mekons - Fear and Whiskey - WAV CD rip
The anarcho-punk collective fuse English punk with country, folk and anything else they can think of on this. Committed songs showing how they felt about mid-’80s England and booze, played in a way that sounds like they’re about to fall apart any second, but they always hold it together. It has complex music, simple thrashes, a variety of excellent vocalists, no compromises. A challenging album, but a really great listen.

6 Likes

The Meters - Cabbage Alley.

5 Likes

A nice charity shop bargain for £1. A great collection & great sound quality (after a good clean)

10 Likes