What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Goat, Requiem, bandcamp

Possibly an acquired taste… Well reviewed so I thought I’d give 'em a try.

5 Likes

her album Slor:

Is also excellent - highly recommend both Faroese and English language versions

4 Likes

Thanks for that. In fact I have already bookmarked this one to listen to. I heard a track from this album on Radio P which led me to find out more. I just listened to the live one first which I was very impressed with.

she performed the track Trollabundin on Jools Holland - just her and drum (and looper)

Eivør - Trøllabundin - Later… with Jools Holland - BBC Two - YouTube

2 Likes

Juju - In Trance

Justin Adams - Desert Road.

It’s been a quite stressful morning, following a front wheel blowout earlier, at 70 mph, on the dual carriageway, which tends to focus one’s attention rather rapidly.

A local firm rolled up within 20 minutes, with their complete workshop in a van, and everything’s all sorted now.

The upside is that I was en route to a potentially yawn inducing meeting in York, so it’s not all bad.

Back home and chilling out to some North African trance, courtesy of the inimitable Justin Adams.

7 Likes

Some jazz rock with Bill Bruford’s Earthworks.

3 Likes

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma.

20 Likes

The Moody Blues - To Our Children’s Children’s Children.

14 Likes

On CD:

4 Likes

Gong - You.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Keleketla! - Keleketla!

1 Like

I was unaware of this record until @Richard.Dane posted it in the vinyl thread. Fabulous record (even it is only a hires stream as opposed to premium vinyl!)

12 Likes

Parliament - Mothership Connection.

5 Likes

Incognito Tomorrow’s New Dream / 2019 bluey music / UK CD / BLUEYCD1

First play, purchased today on my travels.

2 Likes

Beautiful music

4 Likes

24 Likes

I was highly skeptical with regards to this album, as it was marketed as the youngest artist to ever record it and his competition results etc……, however this is a highly rewarding version of these well known pieces. I recommend you have a serious listen.

7 Likes

Evening Star | 1975
Some good old ambient electronica from Fripp & Eno to accompany a lovely warm sunny evening and a glass or two of Verdicchio.

8 Likes

Sarah Jarosz - Blue Heron Suite
CD|2021

6 Likes