What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Rolling Stones - Goats Heat Soup.

RIP Charlie.

22 Likes

R.I.P. Charlie

The Rolling Stones - Forty Licks.

27 Likes

It’s only Rock n Roll on the turntable. Only saw them once 1995, best rock band I ever saw. RIP Charlie.

19 Likes

Dusty Springfield - Spooky

8 Likes

Another of those splendid-sounding 2003 SACDs…

23 Likes

Playing the debut LP from the mono boxset

farewell Charlie, thanks for the beats.:drum:

20 Likes

@Peter1480 @badger1954

You are not alone

Just had second listen of the day to this and even opened the wallet and bought it.

4 Likes

Mozart Piano 17 and 21. Vinyl, another charity shop find.

6 Likes

Following a link in the musical chain I posted thought I might as well listen to the rest of the album, something I’ve not done for too long.

Emerson Lake and Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery

13 Likes

Bruce Springsteen, letter to you. :blush:

14 Likes

8 Likes

Still the greatest Rock and Roll band I ever saw (with Mick Taylor)
Thanks for the music Charlie.

20 Likes

Now playing…

The Ballroom Thieves - Deadeye

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… returning from an afternoon walk with my wife and continuing on with a group that I was introduced to by the New England Music Awards podcast and the music is sounding mighty sweet!

3 Likes

Decided to play my oldest Stones in memory of Charlie. Mono 1st UK pressing that was owned from new by my BiL. Shame he doesn’t have a turntable as it’s in first class condition!
RIP Charlie

19 Likes

Alexis Weissenberg / Debussy Clair de Lune / Piano Works / Deutsche Grammophon / Germany CD / 4455472

First play, another of todays purchases.

8 Likes

Played earlier tonight. Superb sound.

9 Likes

Not a well known artist on the forum but Ben Sidran had a star studded line up on his jazz debut. This track has some lovely drumming by Charlie Watts with Pete Frampton as the icing on the cake.
R.I.P Charlie

9 Likes

Following a prompting from @Wren giving this a go, and its well worth it! I can hear a few influences, Agnes Obel,Ane Brun and Bjork. Very enjoyable!

5 Likes

A master of his craft and the last of his generation. A star in the true meaning of the word. The Lady is a Tramp duet with Lady Gaga is wonderful - they are having a real blast and that comes across loud and clear!

9 Likes

Kacey MusGraves, golden hour. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes