What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Tom Misch - Geography

Tom Misch (Guitar, Vocals), Poppy Ajudha (Vocals), Rob Araujo (Keyboards, Vocals), Loyle Carner (Vocals), Paul Castelluzzo (Guitar), De La Soul (Vocals), GoldLink (Vocals), Jamie Houghton (Drums), Reuben James (Piano), Jaz Karis (Vocals), Polly Misch (Spoken Word), Jessica Carmody Nathan (Vocals), Tobie Tripp (Violin) and John Woodham (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with Tom Misch ‘Geography’ alum and he and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

Oliver Nelson - The Blues And The Abstract Truth.

This is a fine sounding record with a pretty decent cast of characters.

12 Likes

Tangerine dream livemiles
images.jpeg-5

3 Likes

Foy Vance | From Muscle Shoals | 2019
He’s sounding great as ever on this one

9 Likes

Fine album from 2011

8 Likes

Suzanne Vega | Tales From The Realm of the Queen of Pentacles | 2014

15 Likes

Tangerine dream phaedra

17 Likes

Now playing

Gillian Welch - Music From The Revelator Collection

Live performance by Welch and Rawlings.
Available on their Bandcamp site. Don’t know if it is available for streaming. Ripped it from the DVD which contains some extra not-live tracks.

My favourite track is their version of Bob Dylan’s Billy from the movie Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid.

7 Likes

1981 - Rocket 88 recorded live in W. Germany
Alexis Korner, Ian Stewart, Jack Bruce and a Charlie Watts.

R.I.P Charlie

4 Likes

Excellent follow up.

4 Likes

The follow up Santana album to Caravanserai, and more experimental. Love the vocals by Leon Thomas.

16 Likes

Now playing…

Diane Birch - Bible Belt

Diane Birch (Bells, Farfisa Organ, Fender Rhodes, Finger Snaps, Guitar, Handclapping, Keyboards, Organ, Piano, Vocals, Wurlitzer), John R. Angier (Horn Arrangements, String Arrangements), Ray Angry (HammondOrgan), Cindy Blackman (Drums), Adam Blackstone (Bass), Eugene Briskin (Cello), Eva Burmeister (Violin), Tomas K. Carney (Violin), Minyoung Chang (Violin), David Creswell (Viola), Sumyia Dabney (Handclapping, Vocals), Desiree Elsevier (Viola), Steve Greenberg (Finger Snaps, Handclapping), Dawn Hannay (Viola), Jim Hines (Trumpet), Bobby Jay and the Hawks (Handclapping, Vocals), Shan Jiang (Violin), Vivek Kamath (Viola), Joel Katz (Handclapping, Vocals), Lenny Kaye (Electric Guitar), Lisa Kim (Violin), Sumire Kudo (Cello), Jeanne LeBlanc (Cello), Elizabeth Lim (Violin), Frank London (Trumpet), Michael Longoria (Vocals), Kuan Cheng Lu (Violin), Tom “Bones” Malone (Flugelhorn, Horn Arrangements, Trombone), Lou Marini (Saxophone), Karen Marx (Violin), John McCurry (Acoustic Guitar,Electric Guitar), Eileen Moon (Cello), Stanton Moore (Drums, Percussion), Jose Moro (Handclapping, Vocals), Angelo Morris (Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Maxim Moston (String Arrangements), Phil Myers (Horn), Sarah O’Boyle (Violin), Fionn Ó Lochlainn (Electric Guitar)Suzanne Ornstein (Violin), Daniel Panner (Viola), Sandra Park (Violin), Lenny Pickett (Saxophone), Eugene Pitt (Handclapping, Vocals), Annaliesa Place (Violin), George Porter, Jr. (Bass), Shannon Powell (Tambourine), Erik Ralske (Horn), Michael Roth (Viola), Sophie Shao (Cello), Jenny Strenger (Violin), Arnaud Sussmann (Violin), Alicia Svigals (String Arrangements), Cole Williams (Handclapping, Vocals), Mary Wooten (Cello), Betty Wright (Finger Snaps, Handclapping, Vocals), Jung Sun Yoo (Violin) and Wei Hong Yu (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… just completed today’s exercise routine and moving on this afternoon with Diane and this 2010 album release and she and the large supporting group of musicians are sounding mighty sweet! This is one lovely album and just love her voice…

15 Likes

Giving it a spin tonight, ok streaming it, have resisted until now due to the cover which I’m really unsure about but there are recurring favourites here which to me are worse.

The Nirvana case in the news today has perhaps not surprised me, I always thought the cover represented the young being indoctrinated to pursue money from an early age, nothing more sordid but you can see how something like it could potentially affect someone pictured on a cover when they’re older.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Goldfrapp, seventh tree. Not the usual electro synth style, or may be it is, just slower pace. :relaxed:

12 Likes

Ludovico Einaudi - Seven Days Walking. This is a 7 CD package and I’ve been listening to some of the tracks from it and finding it quite compelling. It seems to straddle the classical / ambient genres. Thanks go to @anon4489532 for his recommendation of this on the “Any Modern Classical?” thread.

5 Likes

Charlie Watts Quintet - Long Ago & Far Away.

15 Likes

Herbie Hancock Takin’ Off / 2007 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 094639275724

14 Likes

Introduced to this band at Folk East last weekend… thoroughly enjoyable… traditional instruments in a new light with a great vibe… kind of EDM grooves

3 Likes

Natalie Merchant, paradise is here. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes