What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

This was released on Qobuz today…

I don’t know about anyone else but I can’t help seeing this picture of Keef without seeing this…

4 Likes

Hello Satori - Elton fan forever. We saw him and Billy Joel on their joint tour. Madman Across the Water is just amazing albumn. Have you listened to the “Original Version” of the song “Madman across the Water” on his Tumbleweed Connection Disc? It’s fantastic. Great production, and it has more of a JAM session vibe to it. Great selection on Elton J. though.
G.1

Excellent album.

3 Likes

Crawler, S/T - 1977 “Without you Babe”

2 Likes

Azymuth Crazy Rhythm / 1988 Milestone / US CD / MCD91562

3 Likes

A Deeper Understanding by The War On Drugs. Cranking it up on a Friday afternoon and the new Titan 606’s are coming on song nicely.

12 Likes

The Softs first.
Nice Japanese pressing, working wheel front and gatefold. I preferred their earlier stuff up to Third, then strayed away. Must revisit.

9 Likes

Mott The Hoople. Vinyl. Great fun. Just read that Ian Hunter is now 82. Scary.

14 Likes

Rolling Stones, Out Of Our Heads. A favourite of mine!

15 Likes

My album of the week.

Evan Wright - Sound From Out The Window

2 Likes

Now playing…

Nils Petter Molvaer - Khmer

Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Percussion, Samples), Eivind Aarset (Guitars, Treatments, Talk Box), Morten Molster (Guitar), Roger Ludvigsen (Guitar, Percussion, Dulcimer), Rune Arnesen (Drums), Ulf W.O. Holand (Samples) and Reidar Skar (Sound Treatment).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @Biggles earlier had me listen to the single track "Medium’ that was available… wanted more so turned to Nils ‘Khmer’ album and Nils and the very talented group of musicians are sounding sublime!

6 Likes

The Who - Odds and Sods

This album includes three tracks from Townshend’s abandoned Lifehouse project, these being Pure and Easy, Put the Money Down and Too Much of Anything. There are other excellent tracks on this album, which was essentially a collection of rarities pulled together to fill the void while filming Tommy.

14 Likes

Hi @seakayaker, I first found the single track but the whole album is also on Qobuz. Superb too!

Steve Vai Passion and Warfare

5 Likes

Goat | Headsoup
First listen to Goat’s new album released today, here’s hoping that it’s better than their last studio abomination Requiem and that they are back on track again…

1 Like

Bonamassa. Dust Bowl. CD. I’ve not heard all of his output, but this is the best that I have heard, I think. Anything better??

71FSIt9eWQL.AC_SX466

8 Likes

Certainly one of my favourites from him @Collywobbles

1 Like

Thanks, I did not find the album on a search by artist but by selecting the three dots ‘…’ next to the track there is an option ‘Go to album’ and found it. I am going to have to remember to search via this method as well in the future. Thanks for the heads up that the whole album was available…

1 Like

Bob Dylan - Shadows In The Night.

Dylan sings Sinatra and it works!

10 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
CD

From the mono box set

24 Likes