What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Saw them back in the 70s then again 2 years ago. Not quite the same personnel but a great trip down memory lane in 2019. And it was a great gig in a small venue.

1 Like

I’m not particularly keen on big concerts, small venues are much nicer.

Inspired by @Clive 's earlier Who post

Cream - BBC Sessions.

18 Likes

Under £5 on Qobuz for 16 bit.

Well worth the investment - in fact their (his) catalogue is well worth investigation.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Rhiannon Giddens with Fancesco Turrisi - They’re Calling Me Home

Rhiannon Giddens (Banjo, Viola, Vocals), Francesco Turrisi (Accordion, Banjo, Calabash, Cello, Chitarra Battente, Frame Drum, Hand Drums, Tombak, Vocals), Emer Mayock (Irish Flute, Uillean Pipes) and Niwel Tsumbu (Nylon String Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a request from my wife and Rhiannon and the members of this quartet are sounding sublime! One very fine album… simply beautiful.

5 Likes

Stumbled across this

3 Likes

And this , atc’s love piano

Simon and Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage Rosemary and Thyme.

20 Likes

Been listening to this album a lot recently. A classic!

14 Likes

Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell. Old yellow road. :cowboy_hat_face:

13 Likes

Inversions (of Ekundayo) - El Michels Affair meets Liam Bailey

Released in 1996 and one of his better albums IMHO

John Mellencamp - Mr Happy Go Lucky

7 Likes

Did you know this cover?

3 Likes

With time, my favorite one.*

It’s the one that I use to make auditions ( as a reference : born and raised with.
So I know the timings and the whispers….

*Although I recon it’s a question of state of mind.

1 Like

Ekundayo - Liam Bailey

1 Like

I used to listen to Barry Adamson all the time and especially this track from the brilliant Album Oedipus Schmoedipus . Something Wicked this way comes was featured in a brilliant scene from the David Lynch film Lost Highway .

4 Likes

Bob Dylan, the freewheelin. :relaxed:

20 Likes

The Graduate.

16 Likes

7 Likes

An Album that created a genre . KLF - Chill Out still as fresh today as the day it was created . Native Indian chants , Elvis , Acker Bilk , Railroad Trains and Electronica all mixed together in harmony .

8 Likes