What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Classic Freddie King and the track Going Down is just incendiary. Possibly my fav Freddie album

10 Likes

I do like jazz double bass. This was released yesterday, solo bass from one of the best players out there, Marc Johnson. One for @GraemeH to try on the Tablettes!

5 Likes

Doubly good.

G

4 Likes

Lee Morgan - The Complete Live At The Lighthouse

CD 3 from this excellent 8 disc box set

10 Likes

Goat Girl - On All Fours. Still one of my favourite releases of this year

5 Likes

Fine live set and lively recording.

G

6 Likes

Definitely one of the better albums due to Johnny Marr on guitar and a great turn by Sinead O’Connor

8 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks @anon4489532 I’m enjoying this and not an artist I knew before now.

HiRes on Qobuz.

G

2 Likes

Marc played bass in the later classic Bill Evans Trio. He’s an absolute legend. Once you know of him of course! Try his Shades of Jade album. Very accessible and absolutely excellent.

2 Likes

My favourite GSH album and has my favourite GSH song - Lady Day and John Coltrane

9 Likes

Now Playing…

Roger Waters - is this the life we really want?

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… kicking off this Saturday Morning and taking one of Rogers’s albums out for a spin. A crazy week with the resurgence of COVID-19 and the quickening return to normalcy in the mind has been reversed. Well three steps forward and two steps back …

No impact on the music however, Roger and the band is sounding mighty fine!

15 Likes

Right mood for some Dylan.

15 Likes

UK first press.

17 Likes

Groovy indeed. Lovely mono recording.

G

5 Likes

But this is a close second to ‘Pieces of a man’

8 Likes

<<>>

Happy Birthday David Soul! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born on August 28, 1943 in Chicago, Illinois :us: :uk:

78 years old Today! :policeman: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks Charlie

G

19 Likes

Lawrence of Arabia title theme (live) - The BBC Concert Orchestra (dir. John Wilson)

6 Likes

This is a very fine new album. Upbeat and inventive and featuring violin on some tracks, which is always good.

2 Likes